Wednesday 10 April 2019

The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane, Part Three: Autumn Leaves by Emily Harvale


The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane, Part Three: Autumn Leaves
Emily Harvale
Rating: 5 stars

Escape to the seaside village of Little Pondale with Part Three of this heart-warming and romantic, four-part serial.

Mia Ward was amazed to inherit her great-aunt Matilda's thatched cottage in the tiny seaside village of Little Pondale - especially as Mia didn't know she had a great-aunt Matilda. She was equally astonished to discover she'd only inherit the place if she lives there for a year.

But it didn't take long for Mia and her friends, Ella and Garrick to settle in. Now Mia's mum, Lori has joined them, and they're all enjoying village life. Mia's keen to overcome her fear of water and with Garrick by her side, she's confident about the future.

Until a fortune teller's predictions give everyone cause for concern. Now Mia's not so sure of anything, except that someone still wants her to leave. That makes her more determined to learn all she can about Matilda - and the codicil.

But as the mists roll in over the sea, are autumn winds making passions cool? And when more than one unexpected visitor gives Mia a shocking surprise, is everything about to change?

------------------------------------

When Part Two of this series finished, I grabbed Part Three so quick as it was left on such an amazing cliffhanger and I just couldn't wait to hear what happened next! This cover is probably my favourite so far, I love the orange sky lit up with fireworks. It's cosy and makes you think of warm nights snuggled up reading!

I think I enjoyed this novella the most out of the whole series so far! There was just so much drama from start to finish and I was so intrigued to find out what was going on in the little village. Who knew so much could happen in one tiny village?! I've been going through these novella's like there's no tomorrow and I've been loving every single page. I can't believe I hadn't read these before - I don't know what's taken me so long!

In this novella, we learn more about Mattie than we ever did before and there's so much happening for poor Mia, I don't know how she's still standing! I loved the mystery behind the fortune teller, and how everyone was shifty about what was said. It makes you want to read on so much more! I also loved the fact that it was autumn but it was described as still quite warm, so it was nice to read about the events still despite the time of year.

I still have part four to read, and I believe another two after that so watch this space! The speed I'm getting through these I'll have a review up once a week next week at this point! All I can say for now is that they're definitely worth the read. I'm loving this author so far and her style of writing is so easy to read and lighthearted so it makes it so much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment