Saturday 13 April 2019

Return to Lily Pond Lane by Emily Harvale


Return to Lily Pond Lane
Emily Harvale
Rating: 5 stars

A gorgeously uplifting and heartwarming read.

Life couldn't be better for Mia and her friends in Little Pondale - until tragedy strikes...

Mia Ward is on cloud nine after a magical Christmas and New Year and she isn't the only one. Everyone on Lily Pond Lane seems to be living in blissful harmony. Until tragedy strikes... not once, but twice. And as Hettie Turner points out: 'Bad things always comes in threes.'

Whilst the other residents of Little Pondale are wondering what might happen next, Mia is busy worrying about her friends, and trying to help them with their grief. But she needs to be careful. Just when she thought she had everything, there's a very real chance she might lose the only thing she truly wants.

If you enjoy reading Sarah Morgan, Holly Martin, Cathy Bramley, Bella Osborne and Debbie Johnson, this book is for you.

------------------------------------

Ah to be back in Little Pondale (again!). I feel like I've been reading these novels all my life, but yet they've gone by and finished so quickly! I must say, I didn't notice this at first but this cover appears to be a lot darker than the other ones and to be honest, the storyline has a little dark cloud over it too.

When this book starts, I get a bad feeling about it almost as much as Mia. I just felt like things were going to be going wrong and as much as I was eager to find out what was happening, I also didn't really want to know! I couldn't believe what happened to Alec, let alone Fiona! And don't even get me started with Mia and Garrick! There's just so much drama from the off and I simply couldn't stop reading it. Every page had something happening and I loved it.

In this particular Little Pondale novel, there are some shocking events that take place. Two are absolutely awful and heartbreaking and I got a bit emotional thinking about them! And then there are 2/3 others that had me so shocked because I really wasn't expecting them. I was a bit hesitant about Garrick coming back in this novel, especially after everything him and Mia had been through and with Mia being engaged to Jet now! I was quite worried at how it would all turn out but of course, in the end, it finishes in the most perfect and heartwarming of ways. I don't want to give too much away, so I urge you to give them a read!

I only have one more left in this series and I'm so sad that they're coming to an end! Although, I do believe that Emily Harvale is writing another one to hopefully come out soon, so I won't be without my Little Pondale fix for too long thank goodness! If you want a lighthearted, easy read - then I would recommend you try giving these a read. They're fun and full of drama, which makes it a perfect read if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment