Tuesday 9 April 2019

The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane, Part Two: Summer Secrets by Emily Harvale


The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane, Part Two: Summer Secrets
Emily Harvale
Rating: 5 stars

Escape to the seaside village of Little Pondale with Part Two of this heart-warming and romantic, four-part serial.

Mia Ward was amazed to inherit her great-aunt Matilda's thatched cottage in the tiny seaside village of Little Pondale - especially as Mia didn't know she had a great-aunt Matilda. She was even more astonished to discover she'd only inherit the place if she lives there for a year.

Now Mia and her friends, Ella and Garrick are embracing village life, Garrick's also embracing someone in The Frog and Lily, so Mia turns her attention to one or two of her sexy, single neighbours. But great-aunt Matilda remains an enigma and Mia's still determined to discover who she was.

When Mia's mum, Lori, arrives she's eager to see what the summer has to offer. There's the Kite Festival, the Fete, the Frog Hill Run, but what really appeals to Lori, much to Mia's horror, is the Midsummer Night's naked bathing in the pond at Frog's Hollow.

As sweltering days surrender to sultry nights, love is definitely in the air. And when an incident means Mia has to face her greatest fear, help arrives from a surprising source. But one thing is clear... someone is trying to make sure Mia doesn't stay in Little Pondale...

------------------------------

I was really excited to read the second instalment in this wonderful series. I was so looking forward to reading more about Mia's great-aunt Matilda and finding out the mystery about her and also getting to meet Mia's mum Lori. I love the setting of Little Pondale so was also excited to read about the community events that are taking place! I also love the slight changes which have took place on the cover, the darker coloured sky, the bunting and the change in flowers all look really warm and inviting.

I am completely and utterly obsessed with this series! I just want to read and read and read until I've finished every one! They are so easy to read and you'll want to devour each one in much the same way as I am right now! In this novella, we get to know Mia a whole lot more and we also get to learn quite a lot about the mysterious Jet too. There's definitely a sense of mystery within this novella, for example, who is leaving the items in front of their door?! I'm so eager to find out who it is. I have my suspicions but I'm really not sure who it could be, everyone seems a little mysterious so every time I think I've realised who it is, I change my mind again!

We also see Mia and Garrick's relationship blossom, which I had been wondering about throughout the first two in the series. Mia came across as though she really liked him but as I neared the end of this one in the series, I was a bit unsure as to whether they would last! Garrick, at first, comes across as the perfect partner and I'm so happy for them to finally realise their love for each other. However, as the book goes on Mia starts to want to get to know Jet a whole lot more and Garrick himself seems like he's hiding some sort of secret... Ella seems to be the only one without a secret at this point, but I've come to learn that that can all suddenly change!

Once again, I just want to praise just how much I'm loving this series so far. I'll post my reviews daily so you don't miss out or be kept in suspense but I can definitely recommend you pick them up today! You won't regret it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment