Tuesday 23 April 2019

Dreaming of Rome by T.A. Williams


Dreaming of Rome
T.A. Williams
Rating: 5 stars

Rome is where the heart is...

The heartwarming read of the summer.

Jo has had enough of handsome men. After a painful break-up, she's decided she doesn't believe in love.

Then, while on a professional trip to the magical city of Rome, she meets Corrado, a scientist and her brother-in-law to be, who doesn't believe in love either. To him, it's just a biochemical reaction. So what's the problem?

Well, he's gorgeous for a start, as well as charming, generous, intelligent and attentive, and she feels herself immediately falling for him, despite her new outlook.

The majesty of the Eternal City brings them ever closer together. But is their relationship doomed, or will love conquer all?

Heartbreaking and hilarious in equal measure, Dreaming of Rome is a joyous and uplifting read from T.A. Williams, perfect for fans of Holly Martin, Tilly Tennant and Jenny Oliver

-------------------------------

I simply adore reading novels by T.A. Williams. With every page I read, there's a certain sense of luxury and escapism and you just get lost in the pages, not wanting to put the story down! This was exactly the case with T.A. William's newest novel: Dreaming of Rome. The cover is gorgeous, I love the fact that it has a sense of continuity within these Dreaming of... series' with the font and style of cover. I love the bright colours used, the flowers framing the cover, the Spanish steps (which gives a clear indication as to where it's set) and also the main character taking centre stage.

The story this time follows Jo, and it starts with her and future brother-in-law Corrado sitting outside an eatery in Rome overlooking the tourists and the city. It's clear from the off that Jo finds Corrado attractive, and that he is a very handsome man but something about the writing shows us that Jo has been severely put off handsome men, and love, for a long time. I actually didn't warm to Corrado that well during the first half of this novel, but then perhaps that's what's Jo's paranoia did to me! Corrado comes across as a ladies man, someone who attracts lots of many different types of women but ends up hurting them and I didn't like that. As the story went on, I found myself liking his character more, but with Jo's paranoia about every female he talked to, I was then the same and was wondering whether he was a womaniser too!

Jo's character on the other hand, was lovely. She seemed down to earth, kind and caring and I felt like I connected with her character more. I enjoyed reading about her time at the conference in Rome and of course, reading about all of the food! It sounded mouthwateringly delicious and I longed to try all of the food which T.A. Williams described! As well as Jo, there are a few other secondary characters we meet, such as Victoria (Jo's best friend), Angie (Jo's sister) as well as Mario (Angie's fiancé and Corrado's brother) and they all seem really lovely too.

I also adored reading about Rome and all of it's history. Having been to Rome myself, it was nice to picture those places again and have such fond memories. So when Corrado was telling Jo all about the history, it was interesting to read, because I still wasn't aware of half of those things! Overall, this was another magical and beautifully written novel by the talented T.A. Williams. I adored every page and eagerly await his next novel! Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment