Monday 15 January 2018

The Single Girls Calendar by Erin Green


The Single Girl's Calendar
Erin Green
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £2.99 / P £10.99)

Synopsis:

A task a day to cure a broken heart.

Esme Peel is approaching thirty with some trepidation, but hope in her heart. If she can just get her long-term boyfriend Andrew to propose, she will have ticked everything off her 'things to do by the time you're 30' list. She didn't reckon on finding another woman's earring in her bed however, and soon she finds herself single, homeless and in need of a new plan. Her best friend Carys gives her the perfect present - The Single Girl's Calendar - which has a different cure for heartbreak every day:

Day 1: Look and feel fabulous with a new hair style.

Day 2: Step out of your comfort zone and try something new.

Day 3: Reconnect with friends and enjoy!

Despite thinking it's a bit of a gimmick, Esme hasn't got any better ideas, so she puts the plan into action. By the end of week one she has four new male housemates, and despite a broken heart she is determined to show Andrew she can do more than survive, she can thrive.

----------------------------------------------

What a beautifully uplifting and enjoyable book to read in the dreary days of January. I found that I really enjoyed this book and was so glad I got the opportunity to read it. This is the first novel I've read by Erin Green and now I'm quite shocked that I haven't picked up any of her other books before! It has great laugh-out-loud moments and when parts got intense I really couldn't put the book down.

I love the general idea of the book, the storyline dragged me in and didn't let me go until I'd read the final page. A calendar for single girls sounds like a really heart-warming way of getting over a break up and the things included in the calendar were brilliant and I found myself wondering if there was such a thing in real life! That would have come in handy for so many women all over the world who struggle to get over someone and need to learn to find themselves and that they don't need a man to make them happy.

The calendar turns out to be exactly what Esme needed, unfortunately for her she had just found out that her boyfriend of a very long time has been cheating on her with another woman and I cannot even begin to imagine the heartbreak that would cause! The calendar appears to be very handy and after just a few days I could see a dramatic change in Esme's overall happiness.

There are a lot of characters to get around but after a while you get to learn all of them and the more the book goes on the easier and better the story became. I just found the overall story of the book really uplifting and positive and I really enjoyed it.

Overall, a really lovely and uplifting novel. One that I really enjoyed. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment