Thursday 25 January 2018

A Good Heart is Hard to Find by Trisha Ashley


A Good Heart is Hard to Find
Trisha Ashley
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £4.99 / P £5.59)

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man of over forty is in possession of a major defect . . ."

Cassandra Leigh has woken as if from a bad dream: forty-four, childless and twenty-plus years into an affair with a married man. Max assures her they just need a little more patience for his wife to die (!) but Cass is desperate for a baby and running out of time. Maybe Max is not the only man for her?

There's her friend Jason - though he's perhaps a little too rugged, and there's something strange about the way his wife disappeared . . . Or there's Dante, the mysterious stranger she meets on a dark night in his haunted manor house . . .

Cass must throw caution to the wind and claim the life she's always wanted. Suddenly, it's a choice between Mr Right, Mr Wrong or Mr Right Now . . .

------------------------------------------------

I have been wanting to read a book by Trisha Ashley for agessssss. Her covers look so beautifully inviting and even the title manages to draw you in. This one is no different and as soon as I saw it on Netgalley I quickly pressed that 'Request' button!

I'd read some wonderful things about Trisha Ashley novels so of course I wanted to read one! I was just lucky when one came up on Netgalley. I was very happy that I requested to read it. Firstly, I just wanted to say how beautiful the cover of this novel is. I love the pink roses on either side of the cover and the big stately home in the background. Also, the female character at the front is dressed beautifully and quite stylishly as well!

When I first read this I wasn't too keen on Cass and her relationship with Max. Max is a married man and to read that they are having an affair was quite sad and something I definitely don't agree with. As the book went on, I actually started feeling more sorry for Cass then annoyed. She obviously is very lonely and just wants someone to love her, however is Max as good as he seems? To me, anyone who can cheat on a partner is no good. I also felt for Cass because even her family appeared to have singled her out.

Cass is eager to meet someone who loves her for who she is and whilst Max is telling Cass to wait, she is in half a mind with what to do. Friend Jason is another contender for Cass' heart, but she's not 100% sure he is the guy for her. Another character whom Cass meets is Dante, after exploring a possible haunted house. Cass has a difficult decision to make but along the way, the story has it's ups and downs for me. There are some funny moments and there are some heart wrenching moments. All of this make for fantastic and interesting reading.

Overall, although it wasn't my most favourite book of all time, I still really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading some more novels by Trisha Ashley. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment