Friday 5 January 2018

New Arrivals on Lovelace Lane by Alice Ross


New Arrivals on Lovelace Lane
Alice Ross
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK £0.99

Synopsis:

Property developer Chrissie Collins has a plan: to renovate Yew Tree House on Lovelace Lane, sell up, and move onto her next project. But even the best laid plans do not always run smoothly. With the house seemingly having ideas of its own, her sexy teenage house guest causing all kinds of mischief, and a geeky birdwatcher making a rare find, will Chrissie ever finish the renovation? Or will she realise it's not only the property that requires some TLC?

This is the fifth short story in the Lovelace Lane series:

Short Story 1 The Little Cottage on Lovelace Lane
Short Story 2 The Big House on Lovelace Lane
Short Story 3 The Wedding on Lovelace Lane
Short Story 4 Christmas on Lovelace Lane

-------------------------------

Oh, it's so nice to be back on Lovelace Lane! I really enjoyed Christmas on Lovelace Lane and so I was very pleased when Alice asked if I wanted to read this one. Of course I did! The cover is stunning and I love the house with the bright pink door. The cover is definitely inviting and so pretty.

As with all the Lovelace Lane short stories, they're all on someone new along the street, but old characters make an appearance which is something I really enjoyed. This time the short story follows Chrissie, a property developer. What I love about this series is that all the stories are so different, but its so nice to read about a street where the people care about each other and will help each other out.  I think that's what I liked so much about Christmas on Lovelace Lane and why I couldn't wait to read some more in the series.

I still haven't had a chance to read the first 3 in the series but I certainly will be, they're on my ever growing pile! I don't want to give away too much in this story but I really did find myself enjoying it. Because it's quite short as well, it's a lovely way to spend an afternoon and you feel quite an achievement at finishing it so quickly! I felt like I flew through the pages because I was so engrossed in the storyline.

It's definitely a heartwarming and lighthearted story, which is just what you need at this time of year in bleak January! As always, I look forward to reading more from Alice Ross! Thank you to Alice Ross for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment