Friday 19 January 2018

The Pets at Primrose Cottage, Part Three: Trust Your Heart by Sheila Norton


The Pets at Primrose Cottage
Sheila Norton
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £0.99

Part Three of a serialised novel - a charming and romantic story about living the simple life and the joy of animals.

Emma Nightingale finds she's accidentally becoming something of a local celebrity in the small town of Crickleford, and it seems that everyone wants her to look after their pets.


While looking after a hamster, she accidentally uncovers a mystery that threatens to draw even more attention to her. With nowhere to turn, soon Emma will have to make a decision that could cost her everything...


Note: this is part three of a four-part serialised novel. The full length paperback will be available in April 2018.


------------------------------

As always, I'm so happy when I see another part of this series pop up on Netgalley. It gives me somewhat of a buzz to click request and this is simply because I'm enjoying the story so much! In this one, it's much more jam-packed with events and goings on than the last two and every page was exciting, making me wonder where the story was going and which animal is going to make Emma uncover something else!

As with the last two, we get to learn a bit more about Emma and why she came to running away to hide in Crickleford. There are a few moments in this novella where I don't fully agree with what she's done but I understand completely where she's coming from and I get why she would act the way she does. Throughout the novella I started to feel quite sorry for Emma, it mustn't be nice what she's gone through and it must be so hard being away from your family and not feeling good enough or that you've done enough to make them proud.

I really liked that Matt started getting into this one a little more, and I was hoping that he and Emma would start seeing eye to eye a little more but there is certainly a spark between them! Whether or not this is always a romantic spark or an anger spark is something to distinguish. I'm really hoping that we find out what happens between the pair in the fourth and final novella in this series and fingers crossed for a happy ending for both Matt and Emma! As it seems that they've been through some similar heartbreaks.

As always I've loved reading all about the animals that Emma looks after and it was nice to read about different animals this time, such as the hamster, which brought back some fond memories of when I used to have one myself! There are some laugh-out-loud moments throughout the novella (including a runaway hamster and some disastrous fish event) and I once again really enjoyed reading another part of the series. I'm really coming round to reading books in parts, although I still need to go back to the last one to remember how it finished before I start a new one!

Overall, a very lovely read that you can finish in about 3 hours (I can't think of a better and more relaxing way of spending an afternoon). I've really enjoyed this series so far and I literally cannot wait for the final in the series! I'm desperate to see how this one finishes! Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment