Friday 24 November 2017

A Wedding in Cornwall: Books 1 to 6 by Laura Briggs


A Wedding in Cornwall: Books 1 to 6
Laura Briggs
Rating:
Amazon UK (K £4.99 / P £13.77)

Synopsis:

The first six novellas in the UK bestselling series 'A Wedding in Cornwall' are now available in one collection! Follow the adventures of American event planner Julianne Morgen, who finds herself swept away by a sudden career opportunity at a beautiful Cornish estate. Planning everything from celebrity weddings to baking contests, and entangled romantically with the handsome Poldark-esque gardener Matthew Rose, Julianne's life is filled with friends, fun and romance as she discovers her place in a quiet Cornish village.

This collection contains, A Wedding in Cornwall, A Christmas in Cornwall, A Cottage in Cornwall, A Manor in Cornwall, A Bake Off in Cornwall, and A Castle in Cornwall. Exclusive bonus materials from Book 1 are also included, as well as special excerpts from upcoming books in the series.

Books 7 to 9 are available to purchase on Amazon.

--------------------------------------------------

After I'd read the first novella in this series, I'd enjoyed it so much - I couldn't wait to read the rest (if you want to read my review for the first in the series, you can read that here). So when Laura Briggs asked me if I wanted to read 2-6, I jumped at the chance.

There are 9 books in the series, but this one covers books 1 to 6. They all follow main character Julianne, who moves over from America to work as an events manager at a beautiful estate in Cornwall. Over the course of the books, there are all different events being held here, from baking contests to celebrity weddings and of course all the glittery Christmas balls. The job in which Julianne has truly sounds like the job of dreams. I mean, who wouldn't want to sit at work making Christmas paper chains and hanging up garlands?

Although the story is revolved around Julianne's job as events manager, we also read a lot about her budding new romance to gardener Matthew Rose (I know, cool name right?). Across the books we see their relationship blossom (no pun intended) and it really is lovely to see Matthew coming out of his shell after a bad breakup, as well as Julianne feeling more settled in Cornwall.

There are many weddings throughout the book, including Pippa, who is a longstanding character throughout the books, and also Lady Amanda's godmothers' wedding. Both of which, Julianne has to plan, and are both spectacular in their own ways. I've always loved reading about weddings in books, they make me want to plan my own one and I feel all warm and fuzzy inside when reading about them. So if you're a fan of weddings - then this is the perfect book for you!

As each novella is roughly 100 pages each, it racks up to be quite a long book altogether (and that's without the other 3) although it doesn't feel long at all once you get into the storyline. In fact, I think I managed to read this in a total of 3/4 days (which is very good for me considering I'm a slow reader!!). It doesn't get boring, there's humour and drama throughout - making it an exciting but easy read. I loved every minute. Thank you to Laura Briggs for providing a copy of this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment