Friday 17 November 2017

Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage by Lucy Daniels


Christmas at Mistletoe Cottage
Lucy Daniels
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £0.99 / P £6.39)

Synopsis:

Christmas has arrived in the little village of Welford. The scent of hot roasted chestnuts is in the air, and a layer of frost sparkles on the ground.

This year, vet Mandy Hope is looking forward to the holidays. Her animal rescue centre, Hope Meadows, is up and running - and she's finally going on a date with Jimmy Marsh, owner of the local outward bound centre.

The advent of winter sees all sorts of animals cross Mandy's path, from goats named Rudolph to baby donkeys - and even a pair of reindeer! But when a mysterious local starts causing trouble, Mandy's plans for the centre come under threat. She must call on Jimmy and her fellow villagers to put a stop to the strangers antics and ensure that Hope Meadows' first Christmas is one to remember.

One thing's for certain: this Christmas, there'll be animal escapades, kisses under the mistletoe... and plenty of festive cheer for all.

---------------------------------------------

When you mix my favourite time of year with my dream job, you get a brilliant story - and that's just what Lucy Daniels has created. This novel is about a vet and Christmas time and for me it couldn't get any better. I love books about animals and adore stories set at Christmas so it's a win win in my book.

As well as these two things, I found there to be such a lovely close-knit community feel within this story and it was lovely to see everyone in the village coming together when one of the villagers (Mandy) needs their help. It's such a lovely thing to do and something that I love to read about. Everyone coming together at Christmas time makes for a lovely, charming read.

I hadn't read the first one in the series before reading this one but I don't feel as though I was missing bits of information. Everything was throughly thought out so not once was I sat there confused and wondering what was going on. The characters are all unique and I found myself really connecting with main character Mandy.

If the cover wasn't beautiful enough for you to be drawn in - then the blurb will certainly make you want to read it! 'The scent of hot roasted chestnuts is in the air' - it sounds delicious that's for sure - and so tempting! Going back to the cover though, I absolutely love it. The snow on the fields and the use of the mistletoe and robin's around the edges are just so beautiful.

I actually managed to read this book fairly quickly because I was just so absorbed in the story and was desperate to know what was happening. When someone tries to sabotage Mandy's new vet, the village comes together and I just thought it was so lovely I couldn't put it down! I loved that there was a lot of cooking and baking involved in the story as well - something which I also really enjoy reading about in books!

Overall, a really enjoyable Christmas story - lighthearted and easy read. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment