Wednesday 15 November 2017

Meet Me under the Mistletoe by Carla Burgess


Meet me under the Mistletoe
Carla Burgess
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £2.99

Synopsis:

A fabulously festive romantic read, perfect to curl up with by the fire this Christmas!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the little flower shop...

Florist Rachel Jones might spend every day making beautiful bridal bouquets at her little flower shop, but her own love life is wilting as quickly as a bunch of dead roses.

Luckily, the arrival of handsome detective Anthony Bascombe, the new tenant upstairs is the perfect distraction! Although there's a catch, Anthony isn't looking for love - he's looking for her ex-fiance, Patrick...

But as the snow begins to fall and her little shop fills with mistletoe ready for Christmas, will Rachel manage to melt Anthony's heart?

------------------------------

How gorgeous is this Christmas cover? I absolutely adore the little Christmas decorations on the little houses, the snow on the roofs, the church in the background - it all makes for the most gorgeous looking village and makes me wish that it was a real place. And of course, I love the hanging mistletoe in the centre of it all. It's absolutely stunning and this is what instantly drew me to the book. Once I saw this I was hoping and praying that it would come up on Netgalley! And I was so happy when it did! I wanted this before I had even read the blurb ...

When I read the blurb, it certainly sounded intriguing and I couldn't wait to read it. Once I got approved, I sent it straight to my Kindle and moved it up my TBR pile to be read next. From when I first started reading it I found it such an easy read. It was light-hearted, easy to follow and I loved the characters - they were all so relatable.

The story follows Rachel after her split from fiance Patrick. Patrick, we learn, was very distant, rarely coming to visit Rachel and cancelling on Rachel when they planned to attend her mothers 60th birthday party together - something which Rachel found unforgivable. When the pair split, Rachel was trying her hardest to forget Patrick - but then Anthony walks into her life, causing Rachel to bring all those forgotten memories to the surface.

Of course Rachel is attracted to him (all of the women characters in the story are!) but struggles to trust Anthony as she believed he liked her when they first went out - but it turns out Anthony was asking tons of questions about Patrick because he's wanted by the police! As the story goes on we see that Rachel starts to warm to Anthony a bit more as he attempts to make her trust him and we also see that Rachel is trying to help Anthony love Christmas again.

It's a romantic, light hearted and heart warming read about friendship, trust and of course Christmas. I really enjoyed this, it was such an easy and relaxed read that I managed to read it so quickly - and I'm a slow reader! I would highly recommend you download a copy onto your Kindle and enjoy with a steaming hot chocolate! (that's the best way to enjoy any Christmas novel just FYI)

Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment