Monday 27 November 2017

Christmas at the Little Clock House on the Green by Eve Devon


Christmas at the Little Clock House on the Green
Eve Devon
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £2.99 / P £7.52)

Synopsis:

Welcome back to the village of Whispers Wood, where Christmas magic is in the air...

After giving his heart last year only to have it given away the very next day, Jake Knightley is opting out of Christmas - permanently! But then a beautiful new village arrival sets mayhem in motion, upsetting all his carefully laid plans.

Emma Danes has said goodbye to Hollywood and will do anything to help make the clock house a success, even working closely with tempting Mr Knightley.

Now, as snow starts to fall and romance starts to bloom, Emma and Jake may just find themselves repeating Whispers Wood history beneath the mistletoe...

-------------------------

I was a bit worried when I first starting reading this novel, I hadn't read the first one and was worried that I would get totally confused and not enjoy it. I will admit that the first few chapters I was a bit confused, the characters were all new but there were quite a few introduced at one time (serves me right for not reading the first one beforehand!) but when it started getting into it, I started loving it. Even though it's nearly 300 pages, it doesn't feel like a long book. Where it's so easy to read, I found myself flying through the pages.

The story overall, was very enjoyable and I love the humour Eve Devon has included. It makes it feel so lighthearted and it's so easy to read. The story follows Jake as he plans to completely ignore Christmas this year as last year he had his heart broken (cue Wham's Last Christmas) and Emma who has come to Whispers Wood to start afresh. You can tell there are romantic sparks flying between the two, even though they tend to have quite a few tiff's!

Although I wish I did read the first one beforehand, we get to know a bit more about the characters from the first book in this one. So as well as the new characters, there are some follow on stories of the old characters (sounds confusing but you get the gist!) that I found really interesting to read about. I found that Jake was quite closed in at first, but as the story continued, we got to know a bit more about him and could see him starting to get more confident in himself. I loved Emma's character. She was so bubbly and kind so I found myself liking her straight away.

Now to go back and read number 1! I hear that there's going to be a third one in this series, so hopefully I can squeeze in the first one before then! Overall, a nice Christmas story that was easy to read and lighthearted. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment