Saturday 11 November 2017

Lucy's Book Club for the Lost and Found by Emma Davies


Lucy's Book Club for the Lost and Found
Emma Davies
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK £1.99

Synopsis:

Sometimes you've got to run away to find yourself...

Twenty-four-year-old Lucy needs a fresh start. Forever single, frustrated with her studies and dreaming of writing a novel she can't start, she gives up everything to run a little library in the leafy village of Tilley Moreton.

Lucy loves reading books almost as much as she loves fixing other people's problems, so starting a book club seems like the perfect opportunity to do both. As she meets her new members, it's clear she's going to have her work cut out for her. Handsome but silent Callum is the biggest puzzle of them all...

But Lucy's meddling begins to cause more problems than it solves, and she starts to think she should have kept out of everyone's business. No one is more surprised than Lucy when Callum steps in to help. Could there be more to him than people think?

Callum secretly dreams of escaping his family and starting one of his own. Is Lucy crazy enough to think she could be the one? When he goes into business with his brother, is it the sign she's been looking for? Or is he using her to get ahead?

As inspiration for her novel finally begins to flow, will Lucy follow her head, or her heart to find the happy ending she's been longing for?

------------------------------------------------

At first I wasn't sure what to think about this book, I hadn't read a book by Emma Davies before (although I have many of her books on my TBR pile!) and because I was reading so many Christmas books, I thought I might not enjoy this as much. However, I was proven wrong - so very wrong!

What made me want to read this book was the cover, the title and of course the blurb - all of them sounded and looked so good that I didn't want to turn the opportunity of reading it down! The cover is my ideal night in. A comfy sofa, a nice drink and of course books! It's so inviting - especially to those that love to read, why wouldn't you want to read a book about more books? Not only this, but I don't feel like I've ever related to a character more than I did with Lucy. Not only has she got a dream job, but she's got her own book club and a group of lovely friends who all enjoy the same things as her.

So I got stuck in pretty much as soon as it was sent to my Kindle. And I was not disappointed. At first I thought the blurb seemed a bit confusing, there was two different ones on Goodreads and Amazon, but they basically had the same kinda storyline so I just went with it. The story follows main character Lucy, who gives up everything in her life to run a little library in a really cute little village (job goals right there). She also starts running her own Book Club (how cute does that sound) and soon she finds that she's trying to sort out everyone's problems for them.

However, as you can imagine, some people don't like others meddling in their business and soon Lucy starts having more problems of her own as a result of her meddling! So enter the drama and you've got yourself a book that you can't book down! This book is so heart-warming it's beautiful. It's a feel-good chick lit novel and that's all I ever ask for in a book. It's not one that will make you feel too emotional, or sad - I want to feel happy and to have a happy ending when I read a book! And that's exactly what you get with this.

Overall, a really enjoyable book with unique characters. This is a novel that's not to be missed. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment