Tuesday 7 May 2019

The Cottage at Hope Cove by Hannah Ellis


The Cottage at Hope Cove
Hannah Ellis
Rating: 5 stars

The summer that changed everything...

Lizzie Beaumont has it all: a great career, a wealthy fiancé, and the wedding of her dreams just months away. But when her fiancé puts work before her again, she sets off for a week in the picturesque town of Hope Cove. She's hoping for time away from the chaos to find herself.

Instead, she finds Max.

When the gorgeous guy next door asks her for decorating help, Lizzie finds herself all too eager to please. The week she expected to drag suddenly flies by, and before she knows it, she has to return to her other life. The life with the impending marriage and the fiancé she loves.

Or does she?

One week with Max has left her questioning her life choices. Is her fiancé the man of her dreams, or just the man who asked? Now Lizzie must decide what her life will be. Will she go for the safe and predictable route, or take a chance on a man she hardly knows? No matter what she does, someone's heart is going to break. She just doesn't want it to be hers.

-----------------------------

Wow, I loved this novel! I'd never read a novel by Hannah Ellis before nor had I really heard of her, but this came up on my recommendations and the blurb sounded right up my street. The cover isn't very magical but it is quite pretty, I like the sea in the background, the cute cottage and the winding hills. It all looks very eye catching so I was looking forward to giving it a go.

I'll be honest and say that this novel took a little while to get into, it was a bit different to what novels I normally read, but having said that once I got into the story I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down. I couldn't really relate to Lizzie (or Elizabeth as she's known at first) at the beginning. She seemed really moany, and to be honest, quite a horrible person. She was rude to her sister and to Emily, a girl who is interning at the magazine she works at, and she didn't come across as a nice character at first.

However, having said that, when Lizzie then went to Hope Cove, she started to come out of her shell and seemed happier away from work and her fiancé Phil. I started liking her more and was excited to read about where her life will go. Don't get me wrong, at the first of the novel, Lizzie seemed quite happy with her life and with Phil so I was quite shocked when she started feeling towards Max and then when they kissed it put me off a bit. How could she cheat?! It was awful to read and the aftermath of her actions was a little bit depressing to be honest. I was just so drawn into the story that I honestly couldn't put this down. I started off taking a while to read it and thinking I'd take days to finish it but I finished it in only a few.

Once Lizzie finally realised she wasn't happy with Phil, as much as I was sad for him, I felt happy for Lizzie because she is finally living her life the way she wants! It was great to see her feeling so uplifted and enjoying life. She moved to Hope Cove and her life began there. She finally met up with Max again and I was so happy and pleased with the ending! I fell in love with Hope Cove and I can't wait to read the rest in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment