Friday 3 May 2019

A Bakery at The Little Duck Pond Cafe by Rosie Green



A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Cafe
Rosie Green
Rating: 5 stars

Ellie's dreams of opening a bakery in Sunnybrook are coming true and best friends Fen and Jaz are happily rallying round, helping her to plan a fabulous grand opening day. Everything in their garden seems to be rosy - until the arrival of a newcomer brings chaos to the village and tests relationships to the limit.

Can the bakery succeed in the face of such upheaval? And more importantly, can firm friendships survive?

--------------------------------

Ah, the last one in the Little Duck Pond Cafe series! I'm so sad that it's over! I'm really hoping the author goes back to this series because it was just so heartwarming and enjoyable to read. I love the cover for this last novella, it's bright, it's colourful and eye-catching and just so cute! I love that every cover has included the little ducks.

When I first read this synopsis, I really thought the main story would be based around the main girls - Ellie, Fen and Jaz. But in reality, we didn't really read much about Jaz at all, and Ellie and Fen weren't hugely main characters. In this novel, we read about Katja (or rather Kate as she's known in Sunnybrook) and how she moves to Sunnybrook to help run the bakery. However, when she gets there she realises that she's in competition for her job. There's another person who's also wants the job and her name is Madison. Kate first meets her when she's sitting in the bakery and for want of a better term, she doesn't warm to her.

Kate is hiding a big secret and I really felt for her that she didn't want people knowing about her past. However, when I was reading about her past, I found it so fascinating! I also really felt for her when Richard appeared on the scene, it was obvious that she was falling for him - but with Madison trying hard to win his affections, I started really disliking Madison! The story was interesting throughout and it was actually very nice to read about a fresh and new character. I also liked Kate's grandma, she seemed like such a lively character and I got a bit teary at some points when an accident happens! It's just a shame there isn't much mention of other favourite characters, such as Sylvia and Jaz.

Overall, a really enjoyable read. A perfect way to spend a few hours. I would really recommend you give this series a read - I'm really hoping there's another one coming our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment