Wednesday 29 May 2019

Summer Dreams at Villa Limoncello by Daisy James


Summer Dreams at Villa Limoncello
Daisy James
Rating: 5 stars

Escape to Villa Limoncello... where dreams come true in the most unexpected ways.

Izzie Jenkins never expected to find herself living in a gorgeous oasis in Tuscany but when life gives you Villa Limoncello you say thank you and bake treats to celebrate!

Izzie and debonair chef Luca Castelotti are officially setting up shop together but when their inaugural 'Pasta and Painting' venture is sabotaged and one of their guests is poisoned they're forced to turn detective. Because if they can't find the culprit, they'll be out of business before they've even begun...

A gorgeous holiday read perfect for fans of Sarah Morgan and Jenny Oliver

----------------------------------

I've really been looking forward to this novel ever since I saw it was uploaded on Netgalley. I really enjoyed the first novel in the series but couldn't wait for this one as the synopsis just drew me in completely! As well as the synopsis, the cover absolutely caught my eye and I couldn't wait to get stuck in. It's possibly the most beautiful cover I have ever seen! I love the bright blue sky, with the shimmering sea underneath and the pretty flowers surrounding the cover. It all looks stunning and makes me want to visit the location immediately - I just wish I was reading this novel whilst lounging by the sea/pool - instead of in England!!!

I fell in love with this novel as soon as I started reading it. I absolutely loved the location, every description of the land and setting had me wishing to book a flight to Tuscany, and every description of the delicious food that Luca cooked had my mouth watering. I really enjoyed the characters as well, it was clear that Izzie had been through a lot but it was really nice seeing her come out of her shell a little bit with every page. It was also lovely to be reading about Luca and Izzie's blossoming romance. It was interesting to see where that was going to go.

This is possibly my favourite novel by Daisy James so far. I just felt like I related to the main character, Izzie, and loved the venture they were starting up with the 'Pasta and Painting' courses. It was so elegantly written, and I just fell in love with the story as well as the location. As well as main character Izzie, I also really liked Meghan's character and the holiday makers who are there for a team building exercise. This is no usual romance novel however, as there's a bit of mystery included too which makes it even more interesting. I couldn't wait to read about who was the person responsible for Carmen's 'poisoning'! It was just unputdownable from the first page.

Overall, an amazingly lighthearted summer read. Perfect to welcome in these hotter days. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment