Wednesday 1 May 2019

Snowed in at the Little Duck Cafe by Rosie Green


Snowed in at the Little Duck Pond Cafe
Rosie Green
Rating: 4.5 stars

The biggest snowfall in years has blanketed Sunnybrook, cutting the village off from the outside world. For Fen, who finds herself snowed in at The Little Duck Pond Cafe, it's little more than a minor inconvenience. Her love life is finally running smoothly; it looks as if she's found the perfect man for her.

But then a shocking secret threatens to destroy Fen's new-found happiness.

Will being snowed in be the final straw? Or will Fen find a way through the snowdrifts to the perfect love?

--------------------------------

I loved being back in Sunnybrook once again. I have absolutely fallen in love with these lovely characters and they're amazingly close friendship and community. The cover of this novel just screams Christmas, and although it's the wrong time of year to read Christmas novels, I enjoyed every page and I was left feeling all warm and cosy inside - as well as fancying a hot chocolate with extra marshmallows! I love the snow along the top and bottom of the cover, the cute little cottages covered in snow and the little ducks parading along the middle!

This story also follows Fen, and I'm glad it did. I loved reading more about her, there seems to be quite a lot of drama in her life at the moment and I just really felt sorry for her what with everything that she had been going through. Fen is a shy but tough cookie, and I loved getting to know more about her personality. She'd been entered into a baking competition and what a palaver it was to get her there! There's also a huge, and unfortunately horrible, accident which takes place at The Little Duck Pond Cafe and once again I'm feeling so sorry for Ellie. All of the three main girls (Ellie, Jaz and Fen), seem to be going through so much in their own lives- I just hope everything comes together and that they have their happy endings!!

Fen has also been having a bit of relationship trouble with Rob. Rob at first seems like the most sweetest and caring man but along the way we do tend to see that he makes a few mistakes! Now, I know everyone is only human at the end of the day, but I didn't like the way he kept some secrets and lied to Fen. If I were Fen, I'd react in exactly the same way and I wouldn't be as forgiving! There is no relationship without trust. And Fen seems to be struggling to get that from Rob.

Having said that, he really does put up quite a big fight to win back her affections, and I have to say that it works out really well and at the end everyone seems to be on the happier side! All of our lovely ladies have been through so much in these last 4 novella's and as I'm nearing the end of them all, I'm getting quite sad! I'm hoping that it ends on a high - either that or that it ends on a cliffhanger and we need to come back and find out more about what's going on! I certainly won't say no to another book.

One thing that I thought would be better however, was to have Sylvia making more of an appearance. I love Sylvia, she's so sweet and just so lovely that I was quite sad when we don't really hear much from her at the moment! But other than that, I can't fault these novella's - they've all been fantastic and such a joy to read. I would really recommend you give them a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment