Tuesday 21 May 2019

Poppy's Recipe for Life by Heidi Swain


Poppy's Recipe for Life
Heidi Swain
Rating: 5 stars

Treat yourself to a glorious novel full of food, sunshine, friendship and love!

Things haven't always been straightforward in Poppy's life but her dreams are finally within her reach.

She's moving into a cottage in the beautiful Nightingale Square, close to the local community garden, where she can indulge her passion for making preserves and pickles. She may not have the best relationship with her family but she is surrounded by loving friends, and feels sure that even her grumpy new neighbour, Jacob, has more to him than his steely exterior belies.

But the unexpected arrival of Poppy's troubles younger brother soon threatens her new-found happiness and as the garden team works together to win community space of the year, Poppy must decide where her priorities lie and what she is prepared to fight for...

------------------------------

I always love Heidi's novels and I just knew that this one would be no different. The cover is beautiful in every way and is so eye-catching I couldn't wait to read it! I love the bright colours, the little row of shops and the flowers surrounding the cover. It's just so pretty! I also loved that we'd be back in Nightingale Square once again - I adore the characters in these stories, everyone seems so friendly that I'd love to live somewhere with such a feel-good community feel!

When we first met Poppy, I really felt for her, it seemed like she had been through quite a bit and I was so intrigued as to why she didn't really get on that well with her mum. However, once I read a few of their conversations, I began to get a better gist as to why! I also felt quite sorry for Jacob, who seemed to be going through quite a lot too and wondered what his story will be. Everything was so interesting I just didn't want to put my Kindle down! I just loved hearing from Kate and Lisa again, and all the other lovely characters from the other novel set in Nightingale Square.

When Ryan came to live with Poppy for a few weeks, I thought there was going to be big trouble. I was pleasantly surprised when Jacob (who was always so moody and withdrawn in previous chapters) offered to help Poppy with Ryan and was hoping this is when Jacob starts coming out of his shell more and telling us a bit more about his background! The story really picks up once Ryan arrives, there's drama, tears and romance as well! I love, love, love the community feel of the whole novel and of course, Nightingale Square. The little events and parties they throw at the garden sound so delightful and so enjoyable!

Overall, I really loved this novel. It was summery, heartwarming and just really lovely. I love Heidi Swain's novels and this one was no different. I can't wait to read more by this author in future. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment