Friday 3 August 2018

The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea by Jane Linfoot


The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea
Jane Linfoot
Rating: 4 stars

Brides by the Sea, the cutest little wedding shop in all of Cornwall, has it all, including cake baker Poppy who lives upstairs. But wedding planning is not the piece of cake Poppy thought it would be, and when her best friend Cate's wedding planner walks out, Poppy has to tie up the loose ends so her bestie can tie the knot.

Double-booked venues, 'rustic' locations and gorgeous but grumpy farmer Rafe have this wedding pro feeling like she could be Cate's 'something blue'.

Will the wedding, the shop and the cake all come crashing down on her? Or will Poppy pull it off to give Cate - and herself - the happy ever afters they deserve?

This is the first full-length novel in a brand new series set in Cornwall. Look out for the next books in The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea series.

The perfect romance to take on your summer holidays! For fans of Milly Johnson, Jenny Oliver and Lucy Diamond.

------------------------------------

I really enjoyed a novel I read recently by Jane Linfoot, so I was really looking forward to getting stuck into another one of her novels. Unfortunately, I started this book when I had a very busy week so it took me so much longer than usual to finish it and to actually get into it! I was initially drawn in by the cover, I love the bright colours, the pretty cakes and the sea in the background.

I was intrigued by the blurb, and was keen to get into it and to read more about weddings and cakes! I enjoyed the overall storyline - even if you can tell from a mile off how it's going to finish and if the ending was a little bit unbelievable. I liked the main character Poppy, I really felt for her and what she had been through with her ex boyfriend. It's not nice going through what she did so this made me really relate to her character.

I feel like Jane Linfoot has a great style of writing, it's so different to the other authors I usually read but I find this totally refreshing! It's fun, it's full of humour and it's just overall really gripping and enjoyable. I got hooked from about a quarter of the way in, once Poppy started working at Daisy Hill Farm, and from there I just couldn't wait to hear about the next wedding! It was lovely to read about weddings, and to read about the couples in love!

Overall, I did enjoy this first one in The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea series. I'm not reading the next one just yet, as my TBR Netgalley pile is getting too high at the moment! But I'll definitely be returning back soon as the next one is all about Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment