Wednesday 29 August 2018

Love at the Northern Lights by Darcie Boleyn


Love at the Northern Lights
Darcie Boleyn
Rating: 5 stars

'Climbing out the window in her dress and tiara wasn't exactly how Frankie imagined her wedding day...'

Runaway bride Frankie Ashford hops on a place to Norway with one goal in mind - find her estranged mother and make peace with the past. But when a slip on the ice in Oslo lands her directly in Jonas Thorsen's viking-strong arms, her single-minded focus drifts away in the winter winds.

When it comes to romance Jonas knows that anything he and Frankie share has an expiration date - the British heiress has a life to return to in London that's a world away from his own. But his family is everything to Jonas and, as the one man who can help Frankie find the answers she's seeking, he'll do whatever it takes to help reunite with her mother.

Now, as Christmas draws closer and the northern lights work their magic Frankie and Jonas will have to make a choice...play it safe or risk heartbreak to take a chance on love.

-------------------------------------

Words cannot describe just how much I LOVED this novel. It was romantic, it was adventurous and was just overall a really lovely, cosy novel. The cover is absolutely stunning - I love the colours of the sky, the snowy trees and the cute little buildings with the huge Christmas tree in the centre! Everything draws you in and automatically makes you want to read it.

The story itself was completely gripping - straight from the first page. I felt so sorry for Frankie and everything that she'd been through and I was so happy for her when she ran away from her own wedding! I was so pleased that she decided to get away from her awful relationship and I'll be honest I found myself getting so irritated with Frankie's grandmother! I just thought, how dare she speak to Frankie like that? That's why I was shocked when Frankie decided to go back to England - but to be fair, family is family in the end.

Jonas was an absolute dreamboat and I loved him! He was such a gentleman and I was so hoping that him and Frankie would work out their differences and be together! It was such a romantic setting, what with the snow, the northern lights and then Christmas. It was just such a great novel and I cannot praise it enough. Another part of the novel that I loved was Frankie and her mother, Freya's relationship. It was so lovely to see their relationship blooming and going from strength to strength. One of my favourite parts was when they were baking together. It just made me feel so warm inside and it was lovely to read.

Overall, I cannot recommend this novel enough. It deserves more than 5 stars and I urge you to read this. It was a perfect novel to cosy up with and Darcie Boleyn at her finest. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

1 comment:

  1. I am now even more excited to read this book!
    It sounds perfect for reading in the run up to Christmas.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete