Saturday 11 August 2018

Meet Me at Wisteria Cottage by Teresa F. Morgan


Meet Me at Wisteria Cottage
Teresa F. Morgan
Rating: 4 stars

A Cornish Escape

After her house is set on fire and her love life is left in tatters, Maddy Hart can't believe her luck when a friend offers her the temporary haven of Wisteria Cottage. Overlooking the turquoise blue waters of the Cornish coast, the fresh air feels like a fresh start for her and her broken heart.

Peeking out of the cosy cottage windows, Maddy's surprised to see her gorgeous but insufferable neighbour Harry Tudor has been employed to landscape the garden. But as the wisteria winding its way around the cottage begins to bloom, an unlikely friendship starts to blossom...

--------------------------------

I've had this novel on my TBR pile for over a year now and I saw it pop up on Twitter and decided that now was the right time to finally give it a read. I got it whilst it was on sale for 99p in the Kindle sale and now I've read it - I can honestly say it was a great purchase to make.

This is my first novel by Teresa F. Morgan and it definitely won't be my last. The writing style drew you in completely and throughout the novel I was hooked. I will say that even though it's quite a light-hearted novel, some of the characters in the book are definitely battling some horrible demons which I thought was put quite heavily on the story. I usually like to read heartwarming and easy, happy reads and in places I feel that this novel was quite dark.

Don't get me wrong, it talks about some serious issues in a great way but at some points I was reading it feeling quite sad! At the start of the novel, main character Maddy's house catches fire and neighbour Harry offers her a place to stay until she gets back onto her feet. The pair soon feel the chemistry between them and sparks fly. However, the pair are obviously dealing with their own issues and it makes it difficult for them to show their feelings.

I was quite surprised that their relationship started quite early on in the novel, however this didn't make it go slow or anything - quite the opposite as I enjoyed reading about their relationship and all the trials they had to get through to come out the other side. I have read few books where they start their relationship early on in the book, as normally 70% along is them not together. I quite liked this different style of writing.

I enjoyed the setting, I loved Wisteria Cottage (even though it took around 40% for Maddy to finally move in!) and overall I did enjoy this novel, however I wouldn't say it was one of my favourites but it made a nice read and I'm glad I did read it. I will definitely be looking out for more novels by this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment