Friday 31 August 2018

The Little Paris Patisserie by Julie Caplin


The Little Paris Patisserie
Julie Caplin
Rating: 4 stars

In a cosy corner in Paris, a delicious little patisserie is just waiting to be discovered. And romance might just be on the menu...

As the youngest of four, Nina Hadley has always had her big brothers telling her what to do. So, when she's given the chance to move to Paris and help run a patisserie course, she can't say au revoir quick enough!

There's just one problem: high-flying chef Sebastian Finlay is the owner of the patisserie. He's also her brother Nick's best friend - and the man she has secretly been in love with since forever.

Amongst the mouth-wateringly delicious eclairs and delicate macaroons, Nina's culinary creations aren't the only tempting thing she's working with...

--------------------

I've really loved this series and this one is no different. The descriptions of the food will have your mouth watering and will make you want to visit Paris right now! The cover is just beautiful and I adore all the pastel colours and the floral arrangement around the outside of the cover. The eiffel tower in the background makes the cover but I really love the cute little table and chairs in the centre with the delicious looking treats sitting on top. All in all, it's breathtaking and really catches your eye. If you judged books by it's cover then this is one you would certainly pick up!

On to the actual story, first of all I didn't really like Nina much at the start of the novel. I can understand where she's coming from that being in a big family could be overwhelming but she seemed a bit spoilt to start off with. However, as we got to know her more throughout the book she really started to shine and I really warmed to her character. However, I will say that I cannot believe she stayed with the way that Sebastian spoke to her! I would be out of that door and on a place home as quick as a flash - so I really admired her for sticking it out - because I wouldn't that's for sure!

The same goes for Sebastian, at the start when we first met him I really didn't like him. I found him to be rude, arrogant and so self-absorbed that I really didn't care much for him. Just like Nina however, as the book went on I found myself warming to him too and started to realise why he acted the way he did. As well as Nina and Sebastian, there were plenty of other characters to get to know. And I instantly liked Marcel and Marguerite (think I spelt that right!), I thought that Marcel was quite the character and quite funny and Marguerite just seemed so lovely.

If you add in the location, picturesque Paris, and the addition of the deliciously mouth watering pastries and patisserie, you'e got yourself a beautifully written and lighthearted novel. I really enjoyed this third novel in the series, and if what I've read is correct, I'm so happy this isn't the last one! I adore Julie Caplin's style of writing - it's captivating and just so enjoyable. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment