Monday 18 December 2017

The Canal Boat Cafe Christmas: Starboard Home by Cressida McLaughlin


The Canal Boat Cafe Christmas: Starboard Home
Cressida McLaughlin
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK £0.99

Synopsis:

A Christmas special continuing the charming and heart-warming story of The Canal Boat Cafe, the runaway bestseller.

Summer and Mason take their upbeat and feel-good Canal Boat Cafe to London for Christmas, with unexpected results.

Starboard Home - Summer and Mason find themselves unexpectedly spending the entire Christmas Holiday in Little Venice when the canal freezes over. But their idyllic winter excursion is thrown into turmoil when an unexpected visitor appears on the scene. Are Summer and Mason facing the Big Freeze in more ways than one? Or will this be one Winter Warmer that they'll never forget?

----------------------------


I honestly cannot tell you how excited I was when this was sent to my Kindle on release day. I've been waiting for part 2 ever since I finished part 1 (you can read my review here). I absolutely loved the full length novel and really enjoyed the part 1 in this mini Christmas series. I loved being back in the Canal Boat Cafe with Summer and her cute little dog Latte. This novella was literally like a warm, Christmassy hug. I loved it.

Following on from the cliffhanger left in the first novella, I was so excited to see what was going to happen next. It starts off where it left off and from the off I was intrigued and glued to my Kindle.  I just love the way Cressida describes everything festive in this novella, it's so lovely and Christmassy. So along this journey, we see Summer and Mason going out and having fun in the holidays with the rest of the rovers. They go to all new and different places close to Little Venice but the festive cheer is never far away in this story. I loved the part about the elves that came into the pub and started singing Christmas songs and making Summer get involved.

There are lots of little bits like what I mentioned above which just make the story so lovely. I loved reading about Summer's plans for Mason (if you've read the first one you'll know what I'm talking about!), and her and Claire's shopping trip sounded like fun too. But the bit I enjoyed reading the most, was the bit near the end (you will find out when you read it - I'm not giving that away!).

The part where Claire and Summer come back from London Zoo - something beautiful happens. The ending of this novella is just so magical and heartwarming, it got me all teary-eyed! I must admit that it was an emotional but absolutely beautiful ending and I am so sad that the Canal Boat Cafe books are over! I really hope that Cressida McLaughlin writes more about these characters because I really enjoy them! (but that's just me being selfish).

Overall, a beautifully written Christmas novel with a festive feeling on every page. I absolutely loved it and if I could give it more than five stars I would! If you haven't read a Cressida McLaughlin novel yet, then you're missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment