Monday 11 December 2017

One Christmas in Paris by Mandy Baggot

Add caption

One Christmas in Paris
Mandy Baggot
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £8.99)

Synopsis:

How many croissants does it take to mend a broken heart?

Ava and her best friend Debs arrive in Paris just as the snow starts to fall. The Eiffel Tower glitters gold, but all Ava can think about is Leo, her no-good, cheating ex.

Debs is on a mission to make Ava smile again, and as they tour the Christmas markets, and eat their body weight in pain-au-chocolat, Ava remembers there's more to life than men... Until they cross paths with sizzling hot, oh-so-mysterious photographer Julien, with his French accent and hazelnut eyes that seem to see right inside her.

Ava can't ignore the intense chemistry between them, but she can't help but feel he's hiding something. Her fingers have been burned before and she can't forget it, especially when her ex, Leo, starts texting again. Can Ava really trust Julien - and what exactly is his secret?

Will Ava go home with a broken heart, or will she find true love in Paris?

Join Ava in Julien in the most romantic city in the world this Christmas, as they discover the importance of being true to themselves, and learn how to follow their hearts.

------------------------------------------

I think it's no secret that I love Mandy Baggot's books. They're just such a lovely and lighthearted read. And this one was no different. It's such a festive and romantic storyline that I found myself, once again, really enjoying this novel.

Let me just say that I read this particular novel after reading Mandy's newest Christmas release and completely fell in love with it. It was just such a wonderful read that I knew I had to read others. Then, when my amazing boyfriend gave me an Amazon gift voucher for my birthday the other week, I quickly logged in and purchased two other Christmas novels by Mandy. This one, and another (which I shall be reviewing in good time so watch this space!).

This one was no different to any other Mandy Baggot novels I've read. I instantly fell in love with the main character and found Ava to be completely relatable (no one enjoys getting cheated on). (I also really love the name Ava!). I also loved Debs' character - she was funky and fun and I found myself laughing out loud at some of the things she said.

I also loved that this was set in Paris, I normally love summer books set in France, but this one was just so wonderfully festive. I loved the descriptions of the Christmas markets and the snow drifting slowly down, it just sounded magical. I really enjoyed reading about Ava and Julien's relationship too - it was nice to see their relationship blossoming and them both getting more and more comfortable in each others presence. The pair had both been through some horrible things and they're learning to grow and learn from those life changes.

Overall, a really delightful and heart warming Christmas novel. Another brilliant story by Mandy Baggot. You'd be mad not to love her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment