Thursday 28 December 2017

Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at The Christmas Fair by Heidi Swain


Sleigh Rides and Silver Bells at The Christmas Fair
Heidi Swain
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £0.99 / P £7.99)

Synopsis:

When Anna takes on the role of companion to the owner of Wynthorpe Hall, on the outskirts of Wynbridge, she has no idea that her life is set to change beyond all recognition.

A confirmed 'bah humbug' when it comes to Christmas, Anna is amazed to find herself quickly immersed in the eccentric household, and when youngest son Jamie unexpectedly arrives home it soon becomes obvious that her personal feelings are going all out to compromise her professional persona.

Jamie, struggling to come to terms with life back in the Fens, makes a pact with Anna - she has to teach him to fall back in love with Wynthorpe Hall, while he helps her fall back in love with Christmas. But will it all prove too much for Anna, or can the family of Wynthorpe Hall warm her heart once and for all...?

Join Anna for a festive journey festooned with sleigh rides and silver bells and help her discover her happy-ever-after.

-------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely adore Heidi Swain's novels. I've read every one and I love every one. I love that they're all set in the same place and that the characters all appear in every book but you could easily just read one and understand everything that goes on. This book was no different, it was a lovely heart-warming story and I loved every minute.

I'm not sure why but I thought that the story was about Anna and her son! Not Anna and the owner of Wynthorpe Halls'! But once I got that confusion out the way I really got into the story (that's my fault for not reading the blurb properly!). I absolutely love the cover. The deep blue of the sky, the snow and the Christmas lights all around and the huge Christmas tree looks lovely.

Of course, just like any other Heidi Swain novel, I loved it. I really did. I enjoyed all the characters, I loved Angus and Catherine, they seemed just so kind and friendly to Anna. And I was really hoping that Jamie and Anna would hit it off! I was dying for Anna to just give in to her feelings already! And, as always in Heidi's novels, I adored the storyline. It made me feel so festive and warm inside that I'm so glad I waited to read this closer to Christmas.

Along the way of the story, there are twists and unexpected turns and this kept me glued to the book! I couldn't wait to read what happened next at Wynthorpe Hall. Another thing I really enjoyed was when Anna would go into the town, I loved reading about the characters from Heidi's other books. There's just such a lovely community feel to the town and I really wish I could live somewhere like this!

If you haven't read any of Heidi's books before then I urge you to. You would love them! They are feel good and wonderful and I couldn't recommend them enough. I'm already pining for Heidi to release another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment