Friday 15 December 2017

One Wish in Manhattan by Mandy Baggot


One Wish in Manhattan
Mandy Baggot
Rating: 4.5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £10.99)

Synopsis:

Christmas: It's the most wonderful time of the year ... to fall in love

The temperature is dropping, snow is on its way and Hayley Walker is heading to New York with one wish ... to start over.

With her daughter Angel, Hayley is ready for an adventure. But there's more to New York than twinkly lights and breathtaking skyscrapers. Angel has her own Christmas wish - to find her real dad.

While Hayley tries to fulfil her daughter's wish, she crosses paths with billionaire Oliver Drummond. Restless and bored with fast living, there's something intriguing about him that has Hayley hooked.

Can Hayley dare to think her own dreams might come true - could A New York Christmas turn into a New York Forever?

Travel to the Big Apple this Christmas and join Hayley and Oliver as they realise life isn't just about filling the minutes ... it's about making every moment count.

-----------------------------------------

If you normally read my blog, you'd see that I do love Mandy Baggot's novels (for evidence please see here, here, here and here) and when I got an Amazon Gift Card for my birthday, I knew straight away where I was going to spend it. On Mandy Baggot's other novels of course (as well as some others, but we'll discuss those later).

First of all, I just wanna say how beautiful all of Mandy's books are. The covers of them all are just so pretty and will make you want to pick it up. In this cover, I adore the ombre sky from pink to blue and the snow covered Central Park looks beautiful. The New York City skyline in the background gives you some info on the story and I love the colourful trees in the top corners. Simply magical.

Now, onto the book, and let me just say that before this book, I was in a bit of a reading rut. Every book I picked up, I just weren't feeling it. However, as soon as I started this one, I got my reading mojo back again! I love the way Mandy writes, I feel like I'm there right beside the character. I also love how we get to see the male characters point of view - it just gives the story a different edge that makes it so interesting.

In this particular Christmassy novel, we get to see the point of view from both Hayley and Oliver. Hayley is a single mum, who is looking in New York visiting her brother and is secretly looking for her daughters long-lost-father. Oliver, is the CEO of the family run huge company and is in a bit of a rut himself. He's scared about his health, not wanting to go in the same way as his father and brother, but can't stop living the high life of going on nights out and flirting with women.

The two come together when Hayley realises that her brother works for Oliver and they find that they keep bumping into one another. When in nightclub Vipers one night, Oliver and Hayley spend some time together and find themselves enjoying one anothers company. Their relationship develops from there and it really is a lovely Christmassy read (yes, Mandy Baggot writes beautiful Christmas novels!). I adored reading about New York at Christmas (it's always been a dream of mine to go there at Christmas time!) and it was nice to read about the snow falling in Central Park and all the festive food.

Overall, another beautiful Christmas novel by Mandy Baggot. If you haven't read any of her books yet, then I urge you to!

No comments:

Post a Comment