Monday 9 October 2017

The Cotswolds Cookery Club: A Taste of France by Alice Ross


The Cotswolds Cookery Club: A Taste of France
Alice Ross
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK £0.99

Synopsis:

Too many men spoil the broth...?

Kate Harris has enough on her plate! Life is constant juggling act between raising her three young children and running a busy Veterinary Practice in the Cotswolds. But with her passion for all things French, especially the mouth-watering cuisine, the cookery club with her best friends, Connie, Melody and Trish is the perfect escape...

Now the foursome has been given their biggest challenge yet! Yet, with her husband Andrew's increasingly secretive behaviour, the unexpected reappearance of her dishy ex-boyfriend, Gregg, and an unexpected culinary challenge from her daughter's nursery, Kate decides it's time to take charge of the disparate ingredients of her life and transform them into the perfect pot-au-feu!

------------------------------------

Now this is the story I've been waiting for! I've been dying to hear about Kate's story since the series began and I was delighted when I found out that this would be the one! This series has been amazing and I've enjoyed every moment - this is the perfect final novella to end it. But I'm so sad it's over!

I've really enjoyed this series, with the mouth watering food, the drama between the couples, and the humour and good friendship between the cookery club - it's been an absolute delight.

I love the setting of the Cookery Club series, the Cotswolds to me sounds like a dream and I really felt like I was there with the characters. The characters are easily relatable to and I really enjoyed reading about each of their stories - apart from poor Melody! (I'm hoping Alice writes another purely for her!)

For a start, I adore the covers of this series. It's beautiful colours and background simply makes you want to read it even more! Then you read what the books about and it just draws you in - utterly and completely.

I don't want to give too much away but for most of the book I was convinced about Andrew - but there's a twist nearer the end of the book which I completely wasn't expecting! It was another great read in the series and I fell in love with the story. I know I sound like a broken record but I did really enjoy reading this and couldn't put it down.

Overall, an extremely enjoyable read. I'm so sad that this series is finished now! But cannot wait to read more by Alice Ross. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a lovely story! I think it would make me very hungry while reading, I'm easily led and so any mention of food and I feel starving.
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete