Tuesday 3 October 2017

The Christmas Holiday by Maxine Morrey


The Christmas Holiday
Maxine Morrey
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (£2.99)

Synopsis:

Fall in love this winter on a romantic trip around the world ending in a fairy-tale winter wedding!

As winter comes to London, journalist Mia Walker is desperately hoping for her big break as a travel writer, dreaming of exotic locations and sun-soaked beaches. When she's invited to write a romantic travel piece that ends in a huge winter wedding in London, she jumps at the chance. The only trouble is, the photographer is reowned adventure-junkie Hunter Scott, who Mia last saw five years ago when she ended their engagement.

It's the opportunity of a lifetime, and Mia knows that she'd be mad to say no - even if it does mean spending weeks travelling round the world with the one man she never wanted to see again! But as the wedding approaches, and the magic of Christmas begins to take hold, Mia can't help looking out for mistletoe - and wishing she hadn't cancelled her own engagement after all...

---------------------------------------------------

I love how different this book is in comparison to other Christmas novels. This is the first Maxine Morrey novel I've read (I feel like I keep saying that in my reviews lately!) and I was wonderfully surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

As well as this being decidedly different to other Christmas novels I've read, the cover is totally different as well. The colours are so inviting, and although it doesn't scream Christmas, it still stands out and draws you in. Also, how could you resist reading a book with the Taj Mahal on the cover? Exactly, you can't.

This novel is all about new experiences, romance and of course travel, which makes it an exciting and refreshing read to the other usual Chick Lit novels. The travel side of the book is something that I really did enjoy reading about, as it's in my personal interest to travel as much as I can. And although I haven't visited enough places as I would have liked, I felt like I was living the experiences of the places through main character Mia.

This book is a lot of fun, it has a ton of humour and is a lighthearted and easy read. Something I tend to look for in a book. When I read, I want to escape to a happy story, and this is definitely the book to choose to do just that. The characters of this book are so, so easy to relate to and you end up falling in love with their character. It's real obvious that there's still a romantic spark between Mia and ex-fiancé Hunter, and it's really exciting reading their story and seeing how their relationship turns out.

As the book does have some involvement with Christmas, it's the perfect book to read in the build up to the holiday itself, it'll get you really excited! Now I just can't wait for more books by Maxine Morrey!

Overall, an exciting read that is lighthearted and enjoyable from the start. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment