Thursday 26 October 2017

Coming Home to the Comfort Food Cafe by Debbie Johnson


Coming Home to the Comfort Food Cafe
Debbie Johnson
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £5.59)

Synopsis:

Moving to the little village of Budbury, Zoe hopes the crisp Dorset sea breeze and gentle pace of life will be a fresh start for her and her godddaughter, Martha.

Luckily for them both, the friendly community cafe provide listening ears, sage advice, shoulders to cry on, and some truly excellent carrot cake. And when Martha's enigmatic, absent father suddenly turns up, confusing not only Martha but Zoe too, the love and support of their new-found friends is the best present they could ask for.

Have Zoe and Martha truly found their home at the Comfort Food Cafe?

------------------------------

It feels wonderful being back in Budbury again at the Comfort Food Cafe. I absolutely adored the first two in the series and I knew I would enjoy this one. The cover drew me in straight away, the colours, the snow, everything looks perfect and so, so pretty!

When I first read the description, I was worried about the sadness this book included and I would say that the opening to this book was fairly emotional (you know what I'm like with emotional books - I just can't handle them!) but after the initial storyline was shown the book was really enjoyable and I couldn't put it down. It was so lovely to be able to read about past characters too - as I enjoyed the first two so much I couldn't wait to be back. It certainly did feel like coming home!

It was lovely to be able to read about Zoe and Martha becoming friends with the regular cafe characters and I enjoyed it even more simply because it included Christmas! I will say that even though the main two characters have had a hard time recently, the book is still uplifting and heartwarming. I really loved the Christmas Day talent show, it sounded like to much fun and it was lovely to see Martha and Zoe enjoying themselves despite what they've been through.

It wouldn't be a Chick Lit book without a bit of drama, and it was a bit shocking to say the least when Martha's dad shows up out the blue! It made for great reading and I was so immersed in the storyline that my coffee went cold on several occasions! I can't wait to read more about the Comfort Food Cafe, because every book I've read on it so far have been so enjoyable.

Overall, a lovely read with some heartwarming moments. It was lovely to read about old characters as well as new ones. There's sad moments as well as lighthearted ones and I loved Coming Home to the Comfort Food Cafe. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment