Thursday 19 October 2017

A Very Vintage Christmas by Tilly Tennant


A Very Vintage Christmas
Tilly Tennant
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £0.99 / P £6.99)

Synopsis:

The fairy lights are up and shoppers are flooding the snowy seaside promenade. It's going to be a busy month at Forget-Me-Not Vintage, a magical shop with a warm heart where every item has a story to be told.

With bright red hair and an infectious smile, Dodie is a hopeless romantic and absolutely one of a kind, just like the pieces in her shop.

When Dodie finds a love letter in the pocket of an old woollen coat, she makes it her mission to deliver it to its rightful owner. Following the address, she manages to persuade handsome but reluctant new tenant, Edward, to help her with her search.

As the story of the letter unfolds, Dodie is there, as always to pick up the pieces and make things right. But who will be there for her when her own love story needs a helping hand?

Is it too much to dream of a happy ending like the ones in the black and white movies she adores?

-------------------------------------------

I'll be honest and say I wasn't sure what to expect with this particular story by Tilly Tennant. Although I normally really love her books, it isn't usually the type of story I generally read but the cover was what won it over for me and I decided to give it a go. I must say now that I'm glad I did. It was a simply enjoyable read and has made me so excited for the next one in the series.

One thing I will say is that I didn't think it was overly Christmassy - and this is what I missed! With a Christmas book, I do want it to have a lot of descriptions and storylines devoted to the holiday, which sadly this didn't really have. But, it was still a beautiful love story that I did enjoy. I just wouldn't necessarily read it around Christmas time.

So the story follows one of a kind main character Dodie (what a lovely name) as she tries to find who the love letter she finds belongs too. It's as romantic as it sounds and you will be left with a warm and fuzzy feeling afterwards. The characters are all so unique and I think that gives this book a really lovely feel to it. 

Overall, I found this story to be written beautifully and made me smile and also feel pretty emotional at times (in a good way of course!) but I would definitely recommend giving it a read. Now to read A Cosy Candlelit Christmas - I'm even more excited now about this one!

Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment