Saturday 7 October 2017

Christmas at Mistletoe Cove by Holly Martin


Christmas at Mistletoe Cove
Holly Martin
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £8.99)

Synopsis:

Christmas has arrived at Hope Island, promising snowflakes, surprises and plenty of seasonal joy. So snuggle up and fall in love at Mistletoe Cove ...

Growing up on Hope Island, Eden Lancaster always believed that if you wished hard enough for something, dreams really could come true. But Eden's greatest wish is also her biggest secret: she has been completely in love with her childhood friend, the charming and attractive Dougie Harrison, for as long as she can remember. And he has no idea.

When Dougie leaves his successful life in New York to return home to Hope Island for good, Eden can't escape her feelings. Her heart is full of hope that her romantic dreams are finally, at long last, going to come true...

This Christmas could change everything. But can a lifelong friendship really turn into the perfect romance? And will Eden get the happily ever after she's always wished for?

---------------------------------------

Wow. I always knew that when this book came up on Netgalley that I would enjoy it but I didn't think I would love it as much as I did. This book is so Christmassy and beautiful it's untrue - Holly Martin certainly knows how to write a Christmas romance novel.

The story follows Eden as she figures out where to go with her love life now that her true love Dougie has returned to Hope Island. I soon was hoping and praying that things worked out between the pair but of course (without giving too much away), Holly Martin is known for her beautiful endings that shall make you swoon!

The story was terribly romantic and simply magical and I loved the descriptions about the Christmas markets, mince pies and of course, the snow! This story was written so beautifully and had fast become my favourite Christmas book, making me want to visit Hope Island myself at Christmas time!

I loved everything about it, I loved the 'wooing', I loved the descriptions of the magic and the Christmas markets. The mince pie pancakes sounded delicious and I found myself soon Googling how to make them myself! The romance between Eden and Dougie was described beautifully and I fell in love with Holly Martin's stories even more.

Overall, a beautiful love story, which I throughly enjoyed and was very sad when it ended. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment