Monday 30 October 2017

Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James


Christmas at the Dancing Duck
Daisy James
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK £2.99

Synopsis:

A wonderfully festive romantic read to curl up with this Christmas.

The most wonderful time of the year!

Ever since tragedy struck a few years ago, television presenter Kirstie Harrison has hated Christmas - but she didn't intend to tell the whole country live on air! She needs to lie low for a few weeks, so she's finally coming home for the holidays, determined that this Christmas will be different...

Staying at the family pub, The Dancing Duck, means it's impossible not to get caught up in the little village of Cranbury's festive traditions. And it's equally impossible to avoid her ex, Josh Turner! Kirstie is torn between making this the best Christmas yet and knowing that she can't stay forever.

Maybe it's time to make a holiday wish of her own...?

------------------------------------------------------

This was a really lighthearted and easy Christmas read - just the type I love! Kirstie Harrison is live on her show Kirstie's Kitchen and accidentally lets the whole nation know that she hates Christmas treats! Of course, people are not happy and it soon ends up all over the internet. So Kirstie decides to lay low for a few weeks and spends Christmas at her family pub The Dancing Duck.

Having to run the pub whilst sister Olivia has to rush to Ireland isn't the only problem, she also has to work with ex-boyfriend Josh Turner and things are still quite frosty between them. Over the course of the two weeks, we get to learn more about the running of the pub and also the Christmas events that are being held there. As well as this, I could see Kirstie changing over her time at the pub, she becomes more relaxed and finds herself loving being back home in the village of Cranbury.

One thing I absolutely adored about this was the Christmas events that the pub held, I loved the baking event and the descriptions of the gingerbread men, the mince pies and puddings was making my mouth water and I suddenly had the urge to go and make some myself! There was also the more crafty event, where the villagers was decorating glass jars and a manner of other objects - these really made me feel like I was there as part of that village and enjoying the events with them.

One character I didn't like was Miles (who was buying the pub) and I disliked when him and Kirstie went out together, I found him slimy and secretive (which of course, you are meant to find him this way I suppose!) and I was so pleased with how things worked out in the end. I must admit that I was even a little disappointed with Kirstie and even debating her going out with him!

This book is just full of Christmas cheer and will certainly leave you feeling festive and all warm inside at the ending. It's full of descriptions about Christmas food that will leave your mouth watering and it will make you wish you lived in a village like Cranbury!

Overall, another really enjoyable novel by Daisy James. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment