Sunday 17 September 2017

The Worst Case Scenario Cookery Club by Chrissie Manby


The Worst Case Scenario Cookery Club
Chrissie Manby
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £5.59)

Synopsis:

In the quaint seaside town of Newbay, a beginner's cookery course is starting. And three very different students have signed up . . .

Liz's husband has left her for a twenty-something clean-eating blogger, and she's determined to show the world - and her daughter - she's just as capable in the kitchen. John, newly widowed after fifty years of marriage, can't live on sympathy lasagnes forever. To thirty-year-old workaholic Bella, the course is a welcome escape from her high-pressure job. Their only common ground: between them, they can barely boil an egg!

Enter talented chef Alex, who is determined to introduce his pupils to the comforts of cuisine. As Liz, John and Bella encounter various disasters in the kitchen, the unlikely trio soon form a fast friendship. Their culinary skills may be catastrophic - but could the cookery club have given them a recipe for happiness?

---------------------------------

What a wonderfully lighthearted and uplifting novel by Chrissie Manby. Chrissie has definitely whipped up another enjoyable story about love, friendship and life. The four characters all have their own story and I love that we get to read about all of their lives and that you get to connect with them all individually.

Another thing that I absolutely adored about this book - was of course the food! If you've read my blog before then you'll know that I cannot resist a book revolving around food. And the cover and the title of the book totally drew me in. The food that the beginners learn to cook sound mouth-wateringly good. Making you wish that you were a part of this class!

I've only ever read one other story by Chrissie Manby and although I enjoyed that one - I found myself enjoying this one even more and relating to the characters. I enjoyed the stories from start to end and couldn't put it down. The characters, although all very different in their own ways, all flowed together beautifully.

Overall, a really enjoyable story and one I couldn't put down. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment