Thursday 7 September 2017

French Kisses & A London Affair by Jan Ellis


French Kisses and A London Affair
Jan Ellis
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (£7.99)

Synopsis:

A London Affair ~ Kate leaves the countryside for a job in a posh London deli and is soon surrounded by croissants and cappuccinos as she finds herself at the centre of a delicatessen dating adventure. Along with the job comes new flat-mates, including the fun, exasperating Imogen and her long-suffering boyfriend, Freddy. Kate thinks she's doomed to early spinsterhood, but Immy has other ideas and sends her friend out into the dating land with unexpected consequences for them all. This is a fun romance that takes the reader from the King's Road to Cornwall with an eclectic bunch of characters including an old hippy, a Russian property magnate and an ex-boyfriend who doesn't know when to give up.

*

French Kisses ~ When Rachel Thompson moved to France in her early twenties, little did she suspect she would stay, become a successful artist and marry Michael, the love of her life. Life in France is peachy until Michael hits 40, discovers his inner love-rat and runs off with the kids' young, skinny, dance teacher. Determined to rebuild her life, Rachel recruits friends, neighbours and her children to help her transform the family home into a cosy guest house, and soon attracts an eclectic collection of visitors - and two quite different admirers.

---------------------------------------------

When Jan Ellis asked me if I'd like to read her books, I jumped at the chance. The covers in which she sent me and the descriptions completely drew me in and I was so excited to read them. Fast forward to now and I'm finally getting round to posting them up on my blog!

Let's get started by explaining that you get two mini novella's in this one book and it shall have you enjoying a few hours filled with uplifting and heartwarming stories. Both are simply delightful and you can't help yourself - once you start reading you're totally drawn in! Both French Kisses and A London Affair are just what I look for in a Romance novel.

As you'll know if you've read previous posts on my blog, I am obsessed with novels set in France at the moment - anything from cobbled streets to descriptions of crisp wine and I am there. This particular novella, is about main character Rachel turning her home into a guest house and that is just the type of story that I am really enjoying at the moment. Add the humour and drama and it's perfect!

As well as really enjoying French Kisses, I also found A London Affair really engaging. Another book which is set in a place which is full of food! I loved reading about the cappuccinos and the fresh pastries. One thing that can make me love a book is it's descriptions about food! Both novella's have humour, drama and of course romance - What more could you ask for?

Thank you to Jan Ellis for a copy of this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased you were seduced by the pastries, Stacey! Thanks so much for reviewing the novellas. xx

    ReplyDelete