Friday 22 September 2017

Publication Day Review: Blackberry Picking at Jasmine Cottage by Zara Stoneley


Blackberry Picking at Jasmine Cottage
Zara Stoneley
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K£2.99 / P £7.99)

Synopsis:

Return to the charming little village of Langtry Meadows and cosy up by the fire with this gorgeous romance that will warm your heart...

As the lazy days of summer ebb away and the hedgerows fill with rich, plump blackberries, Lucy Jacobs couldn't be happier. She's feeling more and more at home in the small village of Langtry Meadows and has falling in love with idyllic Jasmine cottage - not to mention gorgeous vet Charlie.

But just as Lucy is thinking about putting down roots like the blackberries that grow in her garden, Charlie's ex returns and threatens to put a thorn in their perfect life...

-----------------------------------

When I first requested this book on Netgalley, I didn't actually know it was the second in a series (looking at the synopsis now I know that was very stupid of me!). I haven't yet read the first one (it's still on my very, very long TBR pile) but was pleasantly surprised when I read this one. To be honest, the first thing that drew me in straight away was the cover. I love the colours and the leaves all around the edges - so autumnal and just so beautiful! I even really adore the name of the book.

As the weather has taken a turn for the worst, it was so, so lovely to just curl up on the sofa reading. I was that snuggled up that I ended up reading this quite quickly! One thing I loved about this novel was the relationships of the characters of the village, they all seem to flow together so nicely and it had a lovely close-knit community feel to it. I also simply adored the animals! Anything to do with animals/villages/food and I am there! I just can't get enough of books about them.

This was my first Zara Stoneley book (but I do have even more of hers on my TBR pile - told you it was long!) and I must say I really did enjoy it. The storyline was engaging, I never got bored of the characters or what was going on and it was written beautifully. As I mentioned above, even though I hadn't read the first in the series, I wasn't confused so could be easily read as a standalone for those who were also worried about getting lost! I knew what was happening throughout and that made it a lovely read.

I want to live in Langtry Meadows! It just seems like the most beautiful place! All the characters are relatable and I especially found myself relating and understanding main character Lucy. The only gripe I have is that I didn't read the first book sooner - I just felt like I could have got to know the characters a lot better from that.

Overall, a lovely heartwarming read which I really enjoyed. Now to go back and read the first one! Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment