Wednesday 27 September 2017

The Book that Made me Fall in Love with Chick Lit

I still remember reading my first ever Chick Lit book like it was yesterday .. When in reality it was only just over a year ago! I was on holiday in Spain with my boyfriend and we'd found a really pretty English bar on our second night.

After complaining to my OH that I wish I bought a book along with me, there was a huge box by the bar full to the brim with books of all different genres inside. Naturally I went over to take a look. I was actually browsing for Fantasy books (these are what I read before I found Chick Lit!) and my eyes rested on a book by Carole Matthews.

Now, I had never been interested in Chick Lit/Romances before - I found them so cringey! But the cover of this one simply drew me in and I found it so, so pretty. So, I put a few euros in the charity box (they weren't charging for the books themselves, they just asked that a donation was made to the local cat and dog charities).

I didn't start reading the book that night but started it the next day whilst I lounged by the pool and immediately I was hooked. Now, I know that this isn't the first in The Chocolate Lovers' series, but I easily read it as a standalone. It was a fantastic storyline and I loved every minute. I read it that quick that I had a few days of my holiday bored without it!

After this, I went on to read several other Chick Lit books and also other Carole Matthew novels which went on to become some of my favourites. Below is the synopsis for The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding, if you haven't already read it!


The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding
Carole Matthews
Amazon UK (K £3.99 / P £7.99)

Synopsis:

The ladies of The Chocolate Lovers' Club should be gearing up for the wedding of the year but life keeps getting in the way . . .

Lucy is worried about her financial situation and it keeps distracting her. Should she accept an offer of help from an untrustworthy source?

Nadia may have a real chance of finding love but other areas of her life aren't so rosy. Something needs to change - but what?

Autumn can't wait to meet someone she hasn't seen in a very long time. She's full of hope for the future but then things don't exactly go to plan . . .

Chantal has been through so much and she's finally starting to feel settled. The last thing she needs is the kind of bad news that could change her life all over again.

And yet, despite all the ups and downs, the Chocolate Lovers' ladies know they can get through it all as long as they have each other. They're not going to let anything get in the way of their happy-ever-afters in . . . The Chocolate Lovers' Wedding.

----------------------------------------

What was the book that made you fall in love with the genre you read?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love Carole Matthews! Her Christmas books are perfect.
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love her books too! I fell in love with this one that's for sure :) SR x

      Delete