Monday 25 September 2017

Millie Vanilla's Cupcake Cafe: Christmas Weddings by Georgia Hill


Millie Vanilla's Cupcake Cafe: Christmas Weddings
Georgia Hill
Amazon UK £0.95
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis:

Winter wedding bells are ringing at the Cupcake Cafe!

It's winter in Berecombe and Millie's cafe is up for sale. Her final task as it's owner is to host her friends' Christmas wedidng on the beach, only she's feeling anything but festive! Putting her ex, Jed, firmly out of her mind is proving impossible now he's back working for her biggest rival.

What on earth is Jed up to? Telling her he still loves her is all very well, but if her cafe goes out of business, no-one will buy it. Christmas might be the season of good will towards men - but can Millie trust this particular man with her heart again?

----------------------------------------

What a delightfully easy Christmas read by Georgia Hill. I was very excited about heading back to Berecombe and Millie's cafe I must say! And this novella certainly didn't disappoint! From the start there was just so much happening I couldn't put the book down! As the book is on the short side, you get through it very quickly too - wishing there was more! I really hope we head back to Berecombe in the future!

As I mentioned above, there is so much going on straight from the start of the book. The book essentially carries on from the last one in the series - Summer Loves. But I think it could be read as a standalone as you could easily get the gist as to what is going on! I enjoy all the returning characters (although there isn't much mention of Biddy or Arthur!) and I enjoyed getting to know new ones as well.

This book has everything, drama (110%), romance and humour. The one thing I wished it did have more of though is Christmas. As the novella is titled 'Christmas Weddings', I assumed there would be a lot of descriptions about all things Christmas but there wasn't much at all. This is the one thing I was a tad disappointed about. Also, I thought there'd be a lot more about the wedding as well, but there was only a few bits on it!

Overall, an enjoyable and easy read. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment