Friday 25 May 2018

The Little Cornish Kitchen by Jane Linfoot


The Little Cornish Kitchen
Jane Linfoot
Rating: 5 stars

'Beautifully crafted and wrapped in romance' Heidi Swain

It's time to come home to Cornwall

With an exciting new life in Paris, Clemmie Hamilton isn't looking forward to heading home to the picturesque but sleepy village of St Aidan, Cornwall. However, when she discovers that the cosy apartment by the sea, which her grandmother left to her, is under threat from neighbour and property developer Charlie Hobson, Clemmie realises she can't abandon her home in its time of need. 

With her childhood friends encouraging her, Clemmie decides to turn the apartment into 'The Little Cornish Kitchen' - a boutique pop up pudding club raising money for the repairs to the building in an effort to stop Charlie once and for all. But when Charlie and his easy charm won't seem to go away, everything soon becomes even messier than the state of Clemmie's Cornish kitchen...

-----------------------------------------------

I don't think I've ever read a novel by Jane Linfoot before, and after recently finishing her newest book The Little Cornish Kitchen, I keep asking myself why! This story was amazing and I will honestly be reading much more by this author in future! First of all, how beautiful is this cover? The bunting is so cute, I love the sea in the background and all the pots and teapot in the front with the most amazing looking cake make such a stunning cover. I've been wanting to read this book since September last year, that's how much I love this cover!

The storyline was just as good. I started this novel when I was on holiday in Ireland so I didn't fully manage to get into the story until I was home. It took me around two weeks to finish this novel which I'm so, so surprised about because I loved it! The story follows main character Clemmie, who moves back home to Cornwall after her grandmother, Laura passes away and leaves Clemmie her very-much-loved flat which has the most amazing views of the sea.

Clemmie doesn't ever stay in one place, and she certainly doesn't make future plans, she's as free as a bird, and that's the way she wants it to stay. However, she soon falls in love with the flat and being back in St Aidan so her and her oldest bestest friends come up with an idea to help her raise the money needed to make much-needed renovations - and this is when The Little Cornish Kitchen is born! This is when Charlie comes into the story. Charlie lives next door and helps Clemmie with her baking, and you'll read all about chocolate brownies, strawberry tarts and delicious macaroons!

This is when I really fell in love with the storyline, I loved reading about Clemmie's baking, and the events that she put on, but I also loved reading about her relationships with the other characters - I loved reading about her old friends and I really enjoyed reading about Clemmie and Charlie's relationship. This really is a novel that pulls at all the heart strings - and it's also a novel which will make you very hungry!

Overall, an amazing novel by Jane Linfoot. I have some of her other books on my TBR pile and I will certainly be diving into them if they're anything at all like this one! Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment