Wednesday 23 May 2018

Love, Lies and Wedding Cake by Sue Watson


Love, Lies and Wedding Cake
Sue Watson
Rating: 4 stars

An absolutely, hilarious, laugh-'til-you-cry, romantic comedy about how life never quite goes to plan...

Faye is in crisis. You wouldn't know it, because of the big fat smile on her face, but inside, she's one step away from nuclear meltdown. And she shouldn't be. Dan is the man of her dreams. And he's just asked her to marry him.

But Faye's been down the marriage road before and it ended up with her having Ryan Gosling fantasies while her ex-husband obsessed about the plumbing. Faye and Dan, on the other hand, have been living their lives to the fullest, travelling around the world, having sex under the stars... They haven't ever argued about unrolling socks before putting them in the laundry.

Besides, even if she wanted to say yes, how could she move to the other side of the world? Because marrying Dan would mean living in Australia. Beautiful, warm and a gazillion miles from Faye's daughter, Emma, a single mum with her own crazy little girl who both need Faye every single day. Leaving them - even for someone who makes her as happy as Dan - simply isn't an option.

Dan is offering Faye everything she ever wanted. So why does she feel like she's about to lose it all?

The most screamingly-funny romantic comedy of the summer - about secrets, second chances and following your heart. Perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, Jill Mansell and Milly Johnson.

---------------------------------------------

I was so excited when I saw this pop up on Netgalley, even though I hadn't really read the first one I love Sue Watson books so was eager to get started. I definitely wasn't disappointed with this one! It was funny, heart-warming and I loved it. The cover is simple but the bright blue background and the character running in a wedding dress definitely draws you in.And I love the style of font which is used for the title.

I loved the character of Faye, she was witty and the way she rambles on I found hilarious. She is just a warm and bubbly character - who if she were a real person - I would instantly click with. At the beginning, Faye appears to have it all and is so happy that she has found the man of her dreams, however it's not too long before some cracks begin to show. Another person I instantly warmed and related to was work friend Mandy - I found her really funny but also a bit silly - which just added to her humorous vibe.

I think this novel was cleverly written and I was sucked into the story straight away. Faye and Dan's relationship isn't all what it seems from the off, it isn't what you call a smooth ride but I think this makes the story that much more interesting. I love Sue Watson books and this one is no different, she has a lovely style of writing that funny but will leave you feeling lighthearted.

Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel via Netgalley, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment