Monday 5 August 2019

The Little Teashop of Broken Hearts by Jennifer Joyce


The Little Teashop of Broken Hearts
Jennifer Joyce
Rating: 5 stars

A deliciously charming romance, perfect for fans of Caroline Roberts, Jane Linfoot and Debbie Johnson.

From fairy cakes to first dates!

Maddie Lamington's dreams are crumbling around her. If she doesn't come up with a plan to save her little teashop on Sweet Street soon, it might be too late...

So when she sees how the perfect apple crumble brings together her lonely father and faithful customer Birdie, inspiration strikes: she'll set up a dating night involving all her sweetest bakes.

Luckily, seriously gorgeous Caleb is on hand to help sprinkle a little magic - and a lot of sugar! Could one night of scrumptious first dates fix Maddie's heartbreak and save her beloved teashop, too?

----------------------------------------

Another one which has been on my TBR pile for ages and after finishing it, I'm not sure why I had waited for so long to give it a chance! The cover is cute and quirky and I adore the bright colours used. I do really enjoy novels by Jennifer Joyce so I was interested to see what this one was going to be like. The synopsis grabbed me from the start as I love novels set in little cafe's in cute little villages.

This one hooked me from the start and made my mouth water with the delicious sounding sweet treats! I loved the descriptions that Jennifer used, it made me want to visit her teashop myself! As well as the sweet treats, I really loved main character Maddie. I felt a connection to her from the off as she just seemed so genuine and kind. As well as Maddie, there were other secondary characters which I really liked too. I loved Maddie's dad and Nicky and Mags too. One person I wish we read more about was Cara, despite her being Caleb's daughter we don't really read much about her.

I was really hoping that Maddie's speed dating service took off, she really deserved to have some good fortune for once - what with everything she had been through with her ex-fiance. The speed dating events only really started nearer the end of the book, so it would have been nice to read more on this but I loved the build up and all the lengths that Maddie went to to make sure her business was a success. It was just a lovely and heartwarming read that I'm surprised I took so long to read it!

I would recommend you give this story a read if you want to enjoy a few hours reading about sweet treats, good friends and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment