Sunday 11 August 2019

One Christmas Star by Mandy Baggot


One Christmas Star
Mandy Baggot
Rating: 5 stars

Emily Parker is set to have the worst Christmas ever!

Her flatmate's moved out, she's closed her heart to love and she's been put in charge of the school original Christmas show - with zero musical ability.

Disgraced superstar, Ray Stone, is in desperate need of a quick PR turnaround. Waking up from a drunken stupor to a class of ten-year-olds snapping pics and Emily looking at him was not what he had in mind.

Ray needs Emily's help to delete the photos, and she needs his with the show. As they learn to work together they may just open their hearts to more than a second chance...

--------------------------------------

If you've read my blog for a while you'll know just how much I love Mandy Baggot's novels. They're fun, romantic and so enjoyable to read. This one was no different from her other novels. When the cover was revealed, I fell in love! I love the dark sky, the colourful lights on the trees and of course the snow! It felt a bit odd reading a Christmas novel at this time of year but to be honest, it didn't have that much Christmas references in it. Don't know if I was disappointed about this or not!

At first, I wasn't sure what to make of Ray. I don't usually read novels set around celebrities but I found myself warming to Ray when we learnt more of his story. His life had had lots of ups and downs and I really felt for him and what he'd been through to get to where he is today. Emily on the other hand, I clicked with straight away. My heart melted for her all the time, I was heartbroken upon hearing about her trauma, I just wanted her to be happy! So when Ray and Emily meet (in quite the unexpected way may I add!) I was delighted for them both. They both deserved a shot at love and happiness!

One thing I loved a lot about this novel was that Emily was a teacher and the novel had quite a lot of input by the children in Emily's class. I loved them all! Particularly Jayden, but I also found Alice really funny and also loved Felix. All the children had such fun and unique personalities that I really found myself enjoying the storyline around the Christmas show. There is an overall happy and cheerful storyline, with some deep and meaningful parts, especially with Ray and what is going on with his ex.

Overall, this is a great winter read. Or a great read to get you in the Christmas spirit! There's a sense of magic within this novel, I loved the characters, the storyline and the happy ending. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read an advance copy of this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment