Sunday 18 August 2019

A Perfect Cornish Christmas by Phillipa Ashley


A Perfect Cornish Christmas
Phillipa Ashley
Rating: 4 stars

Return to Porthmellow Harbour in this gorgeous festive romance.

Christmas in Cornwall is just around the corner...

But after last Christmas revealed a shocking family secret, Scarlett's hardly feeling merry and bright. All she wants this Christmas is to know who her real father is.

So Scarlett heads to the little Cornish town of Porthmellow, where she believes the truth of her birth is hidden. She just didn't bargain on being drawn into the Christmas festival preparations - or meeting Jude Penberth, whose charm threatens to complicate life further.

Everything will come to a head at Porthmellow's Christmas Festival ... But can Scarlett have the perfect Christmas this year, or are there more surprises on the way?

Curl up with this gorgeous novel and savour the world of Porthmellow Harbour.

-------------------------------------

Wow, will you just take a look at this gorgeous cover?! As soon as I saw it be uploaded on Netgalley I knew I had to read it. Especially with it being set in the gorgeous town of Porthmellow and by one of my favourite authors, Phillipa Ashley. I absolutely loved the other novel set in this town, A Perfect Cornish Summer so couldn't wait to get stuck into this one. This cover is absolutely gorgeous, I love the bright sky, the snowy cottage and the fairy lights around the cottage too.

I loved being back in Porthmellow, as mentioned above, I loved the first one set in this delightful little town and I couldn't wait to see what the previous characters had been up to. Even though this novel mentions characters from the first novel, you could easily read it as a standalone as Phillipa really describes who everyone is and a little bit about their background. I love the setting, it sounds idyllic and so festive! Planning a trip to Cornwall ASAP...

Onto the storyline itself, I was so intrigued by Scarlett's story! I really wanted to find out if she did find her real dad and the whole background story from Christmas 2018 had me hooked! Bless Scarlett, she thought she was doing the right thing but in actual fact everyone kind of blamed her for the outcome! What I liked about this novel as well was that we read quite a bit about Scarlett's sister, Ellie, too. I enjoyed getting to know her and seeing what happened with her and Ashley.

Each sister had their own relationship issues, but it was nice to read about the family and about how well they came together to support each other through said issues. Ellie and Scarlett had a great family bond and you can easily see that. Nearer the end of novel, there's a huge twist that I certainly didn't see coming. It had me gripped and I sped through the pages! The only thing I would say is that it needed a little more festivity. I loved reading about the Christmas lights and Christmas Day, but I just wish there was more descriptions about it. Thank you to the publisher for an advance copy of this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment