Wednesday 17 July 2019

The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay by Darcie Boleyn


The Cottage at Plum Tree Bay
Darcie Boleyn
Rating: 5 stars

One summer can change everything...

Catherine Bromley has spent her life in Penhallow Sands, dedicating herself to work and supporting her emotionally fragile mother. Since her father left, it's always been the two of them and Catherine has no interest in romance. What's the point when men just leave? And besides, her mother needs her.

But when handsome novelist Mark Coleman arrives to stay at the cottage overlooking nearby Plum Tree Bay, Catherine's world is changed. She's soon bumping into Mark everywhere - or being thrown at him by her matchmaking friend! The chemistry is undeniable. But can Mark let go of his painful past to be the man that Catherine can rely on? And will Catherine find the courage to let love in?

A heart-warming romance set in Cornwall and perfect for fans of Holly Martin and Phillipa Ashley.

-------------------------------------

This is such a heartwarming and delightful story about love, trust and family. When I saw this cover I knew I had to read it - then I saw that this was the cover for Darcie Boleyn's new novel and I knew even more that I had to read it! I love Darcie's novels, her style of writing is so elegant and just draws you in from the first page. With this cover, I love the pink sky, the pretty flowers and the glistening sea. It makes me want to visit Cornwall!

With this storyline, I felt quite sorry for the main character - Catherine. She seemed to be out of sorts as she is always looking out for her mum and can't seem to have a break without her mum being there. Having said that, it must be so difficult living with that type of anxiety, and I felt for both Catherine for having to care for her mother and I felt for her mum for going through it! It must be so hard, but then again you would always look out for those you care for.

There's a lot of great parts throughout this novel, I really loved the characters of Jamal and Bradley and enjoyed reading about the hairstyle competition. It was also really nice to see Catherine coming out of her shell and getting to know Mark. They clearly had great chemistry and it was clear to see. One character I wasn't too sure on was Catherine's mum (for obvious reasons). One minute I felt for her and what she had been through in life and what she suffers with, and the next she's dropped a massive bombshell on Catherine and it made me see her in a different light!

Overall though, this was Darcie Boleyn at her finest. It was excellently written, keeping you wanting to read more and more. I couldn't put this book down. The setting is idyllic and the characters are relatable. Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read an advance copy of this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment