Friday 22 June 2018

The Second Chance Tea Shop by Fay Keenan



The Second Chance Tea Shop
Fay Keenan
Rating: 5 stars

Second chances, new loves and scrumptious cakes, in this heart-warming novel. Perfect for all fans of Fern Britton, Katie Fforde and Cathy Bramley.

Following the tragic death of her beloved husband, Anna Hemingway decides it's time for a fresh start. So Anna and her three-year-old daughter Ellie move to a picture-perfect cottage in the beautiful village of Little Somerby, and when she takes over the running of the village tea shop, Ellie and Anna start to find happiness again.

But things get complicated when Matthew Carter, the owner of the local cider farm, enters their lives. Throughout a whirlwind year of village fetes and ancient wassails, love, laughter, apple pie and new memories, life slowly blossoms again. But when tragedy strikes and history seems to be repeating itself, Anna must find the strength to hold onto the new life she has built.

This beautiful, life-affirming debut novel marks the beginning of the Little Somerby series, and promises to make you smile, cry, and reach for a cream tea, and long for a life in the perfect English countryside.

---------------------------------------

So after reading the second one in this series and absolutely loving it, I finally got round to reading the first one and let me tell you I think I loved it more than the second! I mean, from the cover I knew I was going to love it anyway, I adore the colours, the pink, yellow and blue and the little cakes and cupcakes in the window are so cute! I also love the bunting at the top of the cover and the title is really sweet too.

The story itself is really interesting, I found myself trying to find moments in my day just so I could read it some more! I adore the whole country living community vibe that this book gives out. I wish we read more about Ellie, as it always seems that she's at nursery or at Anna's parents house but overall it was still a fantastic story. There are so many twists and drama involved that it was honestly just a great read.

This novel follows Anna who has decided to move to Little Somerby after the death of her husband. She wants to get away and have a fresh start somewhere where she isn't reminded of him daily. When she arrives, she has her work cut out for her as she has taken on the manger role at the local bakery/cafe and when she's not there she's either baking for there or looking after young daughter Ellie. However, when she meets Matthew, she finds something in her heart that she thought she'd lost forever. But, when Matthew's ex-wife comes back onto the scene and makes the biggest mistake of his life, can Anna keep it together? Or has Matthew lost her for good?

I don't even know if I have any more words to describe just how much I enjoyed this book. It's saucy, it's lighthearted, it's romantic, it's full of drama - it's everything I want in a book anyway! Glad I decided to give this one a read. Will definitely be looking out for more novels by this author in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment