Friday 14 July 2017

Curves, Kisses and Chocolate Ice-Cream by Sue Watson


Curves, Kisses and Chocolate Ice Cream
Sue Watson
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £1.99 / P £8.99)

Synopsis:

Dani’s on a mission to get her life back on track by the end of the Summer. Running, rowing, aerobics and more, but perhaps all she needs are sweet treats and a second chance? 



Twenty years ago, Dani fled Appledore with a broken-heart and a suitcase full of shattered dreams. Only now is she brave enough to put her past behind her and return for a summer selling homemade ice-cream and getting fit by doing sit-ups by the sea. 



But the new-look cafe is filled with old memories of Jude, her teenage sweetheart-turned-sour. She thinks of him every time she swirls warm sauce onto a “chocolate-bockaglory” and even with the help of Chris, her gorgeous personal trainer, the urge to break her diet is everywhere she turns. 



When Jude makes an appearance at the cafe on the eve of Dani’s birthday party, history threatens to repeat itself. Is Dani strong enough to say no? And is the love she’s been longing for much closer than she thinks? 


-----------------

What an amazing second novel to the Ice-Cream Cafe books! I absolutely LOVED this book and it made me want to pack up my bags and move to Devon! The cover of this book is beautiful and so summery - it makes you want to head to the beach and enjoy a chocolate fudge sundae (Oh how I am craving one of those right now!). I loved everything about this book from the characters to the storyline to the location.

The story follows main character Dani on her quest to find love and lose weight. The book is full of humour, romance and some drama and you can't help but also fall for Dani's love interest Chris, he's funny and kind and all the things a woman would want! I also loved that the characters from the first book were included in this one but don't worry if you haven't read the first one - this one can be read as an individual and you won't be confused!

I loved being with Dani on her journey and if I'm honest it's made me wish I worked in an ice-cream cafe! This book was absolutely delightful and I couldn't have been happier with the ending! Sue Watson is a fabulous writer and both of the Ice-Cream Cafe books are definitely now part of my favourites!


Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment