Tuesday 27 March 2018

Publication Day Review: Annie's Summer by the Sea by Liz Eeles


Annie's Summer by the Sea
Liz Eeles
Rating:
Amazon UK £1.99

Fans of Jenny Oliver, Cathy Bramley and Debbie Johnson will love this hilarious and heart-warming romantic comedy!

A storm is brewing on the stunning Cornish coast - but will sunshine follow the rain?

When Annie Trebarwith unexpectedly inherits Tregavara House, her much-loved family home atop the cliffs of Salt Bay, she begins to wonder: with all the good friends and warm memories she's made in the village, could it be her forever home?

Luckily her gorgeous Poldark-lookalike boyfriend, Josh Pasco, has exactly the same idea. High on the Cornish cliffs he gets down on one knee, and Annie has everything she's ever dreamed of.

But when a summer storm causes catastrophic damage to the beautiful but ageing house, Annie and Josh are faced with tumbling tiles and a massive repair bill - and a roof that's leaked straight onto her wedding gown...

Can Salt Bay community save Annie's house and her wedding - and give Annie the happy-ever-after she's always wanted?

-----------------------------------------------

I have been wanting to read this novel ever since I heard that Liz would be releasing another one in the series. The cover is stunning (just like the rest of them), this one in particular - I adore the pink sky, gorgeous looking sandy beach, the lighthouse in the background - it all works so perfectly and is just so inviting.

I've enjoyed the past two Salt Bay novels so much that I actually feel a teensy bit jealous whilst reading them, it sounds like such a perfect place to live that I wish I could live somewhere like that! I love the main character Annie, she seems so lovely and I love that there is also humour in these novels. Where all the villagers are lovely, the scenery is stunning and life just seems perfect!

This is just what Annie thinks too, but after some not-so-lucky events take place, Annie feels let down and not-so-lucky with her life anymore. Everything seems to be going wrong, and it seems like a huge sign not to marry boyfriend Josh when a leaky roof ruins her wedding dress! However, the lovely community of Salt Bay all come together and I really, really enjoyed how this book ended.

I just find all of the characters really lovely and caring and not for the first time I find myself wishing I could live in a little tight-knit community like this. I found the Jennifer storyline a little intriguing as I really wasn't sure where it was going to go but there were some serious laugh-out-loud moments - I love Kayla! The setting of the book sounds absolutely gorgeous as well, and I was daydreaming about possibly visiting Cornwall for some time after finishing this novel!

Overall, another beautiful book to go in the Salt Bay series. I have a feeling this could be the final one in the series, but I'm hoping there's a spin off and we could possibly take a look into Kayla's life in more detail, maybe? I'm just not ready to leave Salt Bay yet! Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment