Thursday 15 March 2018

The Perfectly Imperfect Woman by Milly Johnson



The Perfectly Imperfect Woman
Milly Johnson
Rating: 5 stars
Amazon UK (K £8.99 / P £7.99)

Marnie Salt has made so many mistakes in her life that she fears she will never get on the right track. But when she 'meets' an old lady on a baking chatroom and begins confiding in her, little does she know how her life will change.

Arranging to see each other for lunch, Marnie discovers that Lilian is every bit as mad and delightful as she'd hoped - and she owns a whole village in the Yorkshire Dales, which has been passed down through generations. And when Marnie needs a refuge after a crisis, she ups sticks and heads for Wychwell - a temporary measure, so she thinks.

But soon Marnie finds that Wychwell has claimed her as its own and she is duty bound not to leave. Even if what she has to do makes her as unpopular as a force 12 gale in a confetti factory! But everyone has imperfections, as Marnie comes to realise, and that is not such a bad thing - after all, your flaws are perfect for the heart that is meant to love you.

The Perfectly Imperfect Woman is the heart-warming and hilarious new novel from the queen of feel-good fiction - a novel of family, secrets, love and redemption ... and broken hearts mended and made all the stronger for it.

--------------------------------------------

Another Milly Johnson book, another book added to my favourites! I have always loved Milly's novels and this one is no different. I would admit that it seemed slightly different to Milly's other novels but it was refreshing and I really enjoyed it.

Throughout the novel I found myself really feeling sorry for main character Marnie (how can that many bad events take place in one persons life?!) and I found that her story was really pulling at my heartstrings - especially when it came to Lilian (but I'll say no more about her)! The story, as aforementioned, follows Marnie and her move to a place called Wychwell. Wychwell is a tiny town owned by Lilian, a friend whom Marnie meets via an online cheesecake forum (I know, it's so random but it just works!).

The two women get on perfectly and it's so nice, after reading so much about what had happened to Marnie, seeing her get on and start to enjoy her life. Although, at times throughout the book, this appears to be short lived. There are utterly emotional moments and these parts really bring the tears to your eyes. But there are also really enjoyable moments where you find yourself smiling.

The story itself, I found beautifully magical and I couldn't put the book down. It was another absolutely brilliant novel by an author that has always been one of my favourites! This book isn't all about romance, I felt as though there were some mystery in parts and I found that really intriguing. The characters all seem so lovely and friendly and the descriptions about the town makes you feel as though you are right there with Marnie.

Overall, I was so sad when this book came to an end! I got lost in this story and felt like I didn't want to let it go! Luckily, I still have some books by Milly to read so shall definitely be going on to them next! Watch this space! Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment