Monday 19 February 2018

Runaway Bride by Mary Jayne Baker


Runaway Bride
Mary Jayne Baker
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £2.99 / P £7.99)

A heart-warming novel about love and new beginnings, this is the perfect book for spring!

Here comes the bride... but how long can she hide?

When Kitty Clayton fleers her wedding with no money, no bank card and no phone, her life seems worryingly futureless. All she knows is, she'd rather sleep on the streets than go back home to cheating Ethan.

After picking her up hitch-hiking, widowed children's author Jack Duffy takes Kitty under his wing, looking out for her until she gets back on her feet. And it's not long before the two grow close...

But with Jack struggling to recover from the guilt he feels over his wife's death and Kitty refusing to face up to the problems she's running away from at home, will the two ever manage to share a happily ever after?

-----------------------------------------------------

I feel like I start everyone of my reviews by: 'I've never read a book by this author before...' and this is the same for this one (hides behinds hands). I'm shocked I'd never read a novel by this author before! It was refreshingly fun and easy to read and overall a really enjoyable book to sink into.

The cover is what drew me in, the colours are bright and eye-catching and I love reading any sort of stories about weddings (even if technically they don't happen), so I was really excited when I got accepted for this one. The beginning of the story is really gripping, it starts with Kitty running away, although we have no idea why or where she is running away too. This for me made me not want to put the book down! I was addicted to finding out what happened next!

When we first meet Jack I was a bit dubious. How could one man care so much for someone he has only just met? However, as the story goes on and we get to learn more about his background and what has happened to him, I started to feel incredibly touched by his kindness and felt so sorry for him! Jack and Kitty have both been through so much hurt that it was fate that pushed them together and I really enjoyed reading about their 'relationship' and how it evolved. You really start to see them both come out of their shell.

I loved how the story ended, and even though I had a bit of an inkling of how it would end, I enjoyed it all the same. It's heartwarming and just a really lovely romance story with a bit of humour thrown in! Overall, I really enjoyed reading this novel by Mary Jayne Baker and look forward to reading more of her books. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment