Wednesday 14 February 2018

The Year that Changed Everything by Cathy Kelly


The Year that Changed Everything
Cathy Kelly
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon UK (K £6.99 / H £7.79)
Release date: 22nd of February 2018

Three women celebrate their birthdays . . . 30. 40. 50. But their milestone birthdays mark the start of a year that will change everything . . .

Ginger isn't spending her 30th the way she would have planned. Tonight might be the first night of the rest of her life - or a total disaster.

Sam is finally pregnant after years of trying. When her waters break on the morning of her 40th birthday, she panics: forget labour, how is she going to be a mother?

Callie is celebrating her 50th at a party in her Dublin home. Then a knock at the door mid-party turns her perfect life upside down . . . 

Full of warmth and wisdom, this is a story about finding happiness on your own terms from international bestseller Cathy Kelly.

------------------------------------

I've been wanting to read a Cathy Kelly book for ages so when I saw this pop up on Netgalley I've never requested something quicker! The cover doesn't give much away but I love the cute and bright colours and the title is really gripping. You really want to find out what changed everything in these three womens lives. This novel by Cathy Kelly certainly didn't disappoint and I found myself really loving it.

The style of Cathy's writing itself reminded me of Milly Johnson (whom I am a huge fan of) so I found this book to be really fascinating and I was glued to the pages. The story follows three different women: Ginger, who turns 30, Sally, who turns 40, and Callie, who turns 50. They all celebrate their birthdays in extremely different ways and I must say that I loved every minute of all three of their stories. It was just so gripping and exciting. I loved reading about their different lives!

It was so easy to relate to every character but in a different way, so you find yourself really enjoying each of the characters lives and it was so nice reading about how they turned their life around and to see them stronger at the end of their difficult journey. This book covers a lot of different emotions and will leave you feeling all of them! It's a heartwarming and emotional tale but really lovely and lighthearted. Plus, I loved that it was set in Ireland!

Overall, this was an immensely enjoyable story and I will certainly be keeping an eye out for any of Cathy's other novels. Thank you to Netgalley and to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment