Tuesday 26 March 2019

The House at Greenacres by Darcie Boleyn


The House at Greenacres
Darcie Boleyn
Rating: 5 stars

All roads lead home...

When Holly Dryden fled Penhallow Sands nearly a year ago she was determined to put the past - and Rich Turner - behind her. But now an unexpected loss and financial trouble has led her back to the family vineyard and it's time to tell Rich the truth - he's a father.

Surrounded by the memories of what they once shared Holly's anger fades in the glow of Rich's undeniable love for their son and the way he selflessly steps in to help the vineyard out of trouble. As Holly watches Rich flourish in his new role as a father to baby Luke, she realises that though they can't change the past, the future is still theirs to write...

An uplifting, emotional Cornwall-set romance perfect for fans of Holly Martin and Phillipa Ashley.

----------------------------------

What an emotional and heartwarming novel by the lovely Darcie Boleyn. As soon as I saw this cover I knew that I had to read it. I love the bright pink blossoms across the top of the cover and my favourite tulips along the bottom! As well as this, we have a cute little house right next to the sea and it just looks so pretty and draws you in.

The story follows main character Holly, after fleeing home due to heartache, she decides now is the time to come home due to recently losing her beloved Grandpa. After seeing Rich at the wake, she decides now is the best time to tell him he is the father to their son, Luke who is just over 3 months old. At first he isn't sure how to act, (I can imagine it's quite a shock being told you're a father without having any inkling!) and he tells Holly he needs time to think.

I would completely recommend you giving this novel a read, it's so heartwarming and beautifully written that you'll struggle to put it down - even for 5 minutes! It's a lovely story about love, loss and friendship. I am so excited to learn that this is the first in a new series! And I cannot wait to read more about this lovely Cornwall location. The setting sounded so idyllic and I can't wait to read about other characters in the story.

I felt like all of the characters felt like family. I really related to all of them and I think this is what made the story go by so quick! They all seemed so lovely and there was a wonderful sense of community between them all. It sounded like an ideal place to live and had me longing to visit Cornwall! I also loved the fact that Holly's family had their own vineyard! It was so interesting to read about. Give this romantic and sweet story a read, you won't regret it! Thank you to the publisher for a chance to read this novel, which I have reviewed honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment